Chapter Seven

Have fun reading :)

- Charm

<3

"So what's going on with you and Snow?" Tristan asked leaning forward, his lips just inches from Daniel's ear. 

"I don't want to talk about that right now" Daniel said looking around the bar.

"Come on Daniel, I'm your best friend, I know you, you've got the look."

Daniel simply shot him a 'let it go' look and turned back to his drink. It was another Saturday night at Jed's. Daniel didn't spend nearly as much time down here as Tristan but Nadine had taken over the house with one of her damn girl parties, trying to sell overpriced shit to her girl-friends. Which Daniel was shocked to find out she had quite a few of. And Nadine was pretty good at selling the shit, Avon, Partylight, Pampered Chef, she did it all, a great front for what she was really selling. Apparently she was running her side of game well, joining book clubs aerobic classes and other shit like that. He was pretty sure a lot of it was Tenzin Irwin influence since the women was pretty hooked up socially. Oh the joys of being a suburban housewife. According to Nadine it seemed like many of the housewives of this town had marijuana and prescription drug habits. She said it was to help them get through 'the monotony of their repressed existences', or whatever. To be completely honest, Nadine was making a lot of money off these ladies and Daniel was nothing but impressed. Nadine said her biggest obstacle was to successfully do what she did without getting caught by Tenzin who was a huge activist in the anti drug movement.

"Awe come on Daniel, I can see it in your eyes. You're getting it in aren't you?" Tristan smirked running his tongue along his lips lewdly.

"Tristan" Daniel hissed. "drop it seriously"

Daniel looked around the bar as if to remind Tristan what kind of company they were in. To be honest it was louder than shit in here between the music the DJ was spinning and the shouting but they could not be to careful.

"Fine, fine..." Tristan said bringing his whiskey to his lips.

Daniel wasn't sure how Tristan spent night after night in this bar but he suddenly realized he got the sweet end of the deal. The chief could easily have reversed their roles, especially knowing that Daniel and Nadine didn't get along. Tristan was good at being gritty though most likely because of his less than law abiding past. Tristan was dealing with some real issues shit, running drugs and weapons, all over Southern Australia. This was a dangerous job and one that was easy to get sucked into. Daniel couldn't say how many stories he had heard coming through the academy of good cops going bad, of them getting pulled into criminal lifestyle. To be honest, he understood it; he, Tristan and Nadine were making a LOT of money right now with relative ease. Money that they would have to turn over to the Bureau as soon this case ended.

"Let's get out of here" Tristan said suddenly getting fidgety.

Apparently business was slow tonight, or maybe it was something else. Daniel had that feeling in his gut that something was off. He looked around the bar but didn't find anything out of the ordinary. It was always the same dingy people, drinking the same drinks and having the same conversations. He was more than happy to get the fuck out of this bar so he had no complaints at Tristan's suggestion. To be honest, Daniel wanted nothing more than to go back home and fuck Nadine. He knew that sounded completely lewd but they had been all over each other for the last week and it had been dynamite. He was completely overwhelmed with his emotions when he was around her, it was like he just could not get enough. And it was the same for her apparently because she was just as quick to jump him.

"Where the fuck is the car?" Tristan asked getting agitated.

The parking lot was a jam packed dirt patch with no lines or lights, you just kind of stuck your car where you could put it. Daniel shrugged, he was pretty sure it wasn't his job to watch it.