Warm Hands | Chapter Nine

"How in the world did I agree to this?"

A grin was glued onto Y/n's face as she held Hawks's hand. Out of all the things she thought Hawks couldn't do ice skating was never one. His eyes were planted onto the ice below them as her eyes were looking at the hair that fell to his forehead.

He was actually struggling at ice skating.

"Because I wanted to come here," She replied in a grunt, "Should've told me you couldn't skate. I would've picked somewhere else, you know." They glided across the ice slowly hand in hand.

He was gripping onto her hands tightly but not too much that it would hurt. Hawks just didn't want to fall, but Y/n thought it was kinda useless since he could just use his wings to lift himself back up again.

"But what would be the fun in that? It's nice to do something new with you." Something new. That's what they always did together.

Y/n smiled at that as she pulled him her way, "You sure your wings are gonna be okay? It's pretty cold in here."

"Yeah, I'll be fine. My wings accustomed to the cold, it's sort of natural now as a pro hero." Hawks answered with a grunt of his own. He wasn't going to admit it but this was way harder than he thought. How was she able to perfect this?

She examined his posture instantly cringing at it, "Stand up, you can't ice skating when you're bent over like a fool."

"Not my fault I have the worst teacher to exist." He playfully shot back.

Y/n faked a gasp, "If I was the worst teacher I would've left you here to learn on your own."

"Then I'm surprised you haven't left yet." It came out as a whisper but Y/n heard it all, "How's the other four doing?" He asks.

She looks up from the male and her eyes scanned the place. It was a bit crowded as people engulfed the area and the scenery that was around made her eyes hurt a little. There were christmas lights and green trees everywhere. It was only May, but a couple of people that had quirks to keep the ice going for this long made Christmas feel like everyday. Of course, it was a smart idea but she wasn't very fond of Christmas. Usually Christmas was about family and friends, but sharing Christmas with no family and four friends every year isn't the ideal christmas.

Finally, she sported two familiar females with smiles on their face—more like Reina begrudgingly trying to hide her own smile—skating around. Mei suddenly gripped onto Reina's hand swinging it as they moved forward. Even from afar, Y/n could see the blush radiating onto her face.

Just as they moved, Y/n noticed Aimi and her boyfriend, Hiro also skating hand in hand. At one moment they stopped and shared a quick kiss, Aimi instantly growing embarrassed at the sudden PDA.

"They seem to be doing just fine. It's just us that are stuck like mice in a trap."

"That's a really bad analogy."

"Shut up or I'll really leave you here." He muttered a quick a sorry before gliding
across the ice a little more, "Besides, can't you just use your wings to move easier?" The reason to why he continued to struggle on the skates.

He shrugged slightly, "I mean I could, but I want to do this on my own. With you of course." He informed her.

"You're too cute," She grinned. He mumbled something incoherent until finally fixing his posture. For the first time since they stepped on the ice she saw his golden eyes. Though they were fixed onto something behind her at least he wasn't still bent over.

Y/n gave his hands two small squeezes to help him boost his motivation. He was doing well so far which was great, "Let go."

She did so, gently letting go of his hands but making sure her hands were in reach with his in case something happened. He started to wobble a little before eventually gaining balance. He just stood on the ice breathing hard as if he was spewing motivational words to himself. Finally with his left leg he glided across the ice but stopped shortly. She followed him as he made his little baby glides.