Meeting | Chapter Three

One whole week had passed since Y/n had seen Hawks or any of her friends. Though, they'd be throwing texts back and forth ever so often. However, the messages between her and Hawks were always staggered. She'd text him at eleven am, and he wouldn't reply till eight pm.

It didn't make her sad at all due to her pretty much expecting something like that. He was a pro hero after all that had to carry out responsible duties, and she was an assistant who was always on schedule. The only times she would be on a break was if Wolfsbane took a vacation or something like that.

Today was finally the day of Wolfsbane's meeting giving her a day of relaxation. All she had to do was attend the meeting, and hopefully not say a thing. Everything was up to the leaders of the meeting, them arranging everything. The assistants didn't have to go, but Wolfsbane had insisted for her to come going on and on about not knowing what he would say or do. She agreed to the statement, but deep down she knew she actually didn't have much of a choice.

Currently, the time was about 12:24 and the meeting would start in nearly an hour. It was actually held at Best Jeanist's agency as he was the #4 hero. It wasn't too far away from her house, probably only fifteen minutes without traffic. Rush hour was going to start soon, so it'd probably be more smart to leave earlier than planned.

Y/n was dressed in a white dress shirt, a black jacket hugging her arms, and a pencil short skirt covering the top half of her legs. As obvious, her feet were slipped into black heels matching the color scheme of her whole outfit. She wanted to make sure that she looked good in front of the other heroes, so they could remember her name as the 'hardworking assistant' moving her up ranks.

She didn't know who was going to attend the meeting other than Wolfsbane, Best Jeanist, and the corporate leaders. Everyone else was a mystery. She was also aware of what the meeting would be about as she provided most of the information for Wolfsbane, and made sure the corporate leaders knew that they were coming. For a second she had wondered if Hawks was going to attend the meeting. It was sort of funny to think about— Hawks going to a meeting, taking orders from someone else.

Without even realizing a smile had crept onto her face, thinking about the small lunch they had together. When she heard a couple of keys fall and hit the ground, she had shook her head remembering her surroundings and what situation she was in. She bent down to grab the keys from the floor, grabbing her files.

She made her way out of the door, preparing herself for this long, boring meeting to get out the way. She wished that she just had to sit there and look pretty, not wanting to say anything during the meeting. As she walked out of her front door, she turned behind her and locked the doors immediately rushing to a waiting car. She quickly pressed her hand against the door handle, opening it with a half smile.

"Afternoon, boss." She pulled her legs inside the wealthy car, sitting down in the passenger with a composed look. Kiyoshi looked over at her, returning the greet with a nod and a half smile. Soon after, he had pulled away from her apartment and had started driving again.

He had insisted on picking her up considering he was the one that asked her to come. Y/n didn't see a problem with it at all, and she didn't really feel like denying her boss of a kind gesture so she accepted it.

"You look nice." He complimented her. Y/n looked down at her outfit as if she hadn't just dressed herself up thirty minutes ago. Kiyoshi had normally just saw her in a blouse and jeans. This was the first time he'd seen her in a business dress suit. "Black suits you well." His voice deep and raspy, his eyes glued on the street.

Y/n smiled to herself, taking in the small note. She had thought red was more her color, but black worked too. "Thank you, Kiyoshi. You look good as well." She returned the compliment, feeling obliged to. She clenched onto her file tight, growing more and more tired as time went by.