Lunch | Chapter Two

"Good morning, Y/n!" One of the workers inside of Wolfsbane agency welcomed the female.

Y/n acknowledged the female with a small nod, still tired from the previous night. She had been working since she had got home, and only had roughly three hours of sleep. She trudged down the hall, and to her workspace yawning slightly.

It had been nearly eight hours since she had last seen Hawks, or any of her friends. She had wondered if her friends returned home safely considering none of them contacted them. She made a note to call them on her next break.

Y/n peered around the room, waiting for Wolfsbane to show up. He had called her early morning to inform her to come into office today instead of working at home. Clearly, it had to be something important if she needed to be there. Besides, she had to see him anyway.

After waiting for five minutes in the same spot, a huff escaped her lips. She was beginning to grow impatient, she didn't wake up early and come into office just for him to be late. Besides, this was going to the second time she would meet him in person. He was always so busy with his hero work that she'd have to drop things off, or give them to another assistant to bring to him. The first time she met him was when he picked her for the job. She couldn't remember the situation fully now, but she does recall him calling her a pretty girl, and she looked very hard working. She supposed he said all those weird things because he adored how diligent she was, and she never thought twice about it.

Y/n looked down at her phone, and unlocked it with her face ID. She immediately went to Reina's phone contact and pressed call, there was no need to wait anymore if Wolfsbane wasn't on time anyway. It rang once, then twice, then three times before a raspy voice answered the call.

"Reina? How's everything going, is everyone okay?" Concern leaked out of her voice.

"Why are you calling me so god damn early? It's eight am, let me sleep idiot." She retorted. Y/n rolled her eyes waiting for her to reply, "We're good. We all just decided to stay at my house which means we'll have to come back to get our cars later."

She nodded in relief. When she had left earlier, she still did notice the two cars sitting in her driveway. Of course that made Y/n worry even more, she was beginning to feel guilty. What if something really did happen to them?

"Is there anything else you need?" Reina's voice pulled her out of her regretful thoughts.

"Oh, no, I don't. Well, rest well." She returned. Y/n began to bring the phone down to press the red button, but she heard a voice in the background calling for her. She could instantly put a name to the voice of the hoarse noise.

"Y/n, wait!" Mei's voice grew louder. She must've grabbed the phone from Reina. "How'd it go with Hawks last night? He was practically running out the door when you left." She didn't know for certain, but that one sentence made Y/n smile a bit.

"Nothing important, I just told him to find me again."

"Sounds like you. Anyway, I think you should give him a chance." Mei replied, she heard a couple of shushes in the background like they were forcing Mei to keep quiet about something. Her smile deepened as she heard the door open behind her. Y/n looked over her shoulder to reveal a broad, menacing man.

"I'll call you soon, rest up and make sure you drink plenty water." The female didn't bother to hear Mei's dismissing words, so instead she just hung up before she could say anything else.

Wolfsbane acknowledged her presence with a small nod, Y/n returned it.

"Well, let's get straight to business." He sauntered past her, and took a seat across from her desk. "I called you in today to ask if you could complete a huge task. One that involves more hero work. You still interested, L/n?"