Going Home (chapter 13)

Start from the beginning

———————————————————

Justice's POV:

Loni and got in my car after she filled out the discharge papers.

"Hey Loni?" I asked.

"What's up" she smiled.

"Is it alright if we go to my house before we go to yours. I know you want to get home but it's Athena's birthday today and she begged me to bring you home to her. I told her I didn't know what time you would get discharged and luckily its only 8 in the morning so I kinda just figured we could suprise her and-"

"Justice!" She yelled interrupting me while smiling.

She put her hand on my shoulder then kissed my cheek.

"I would love to go suprise Athena"

I smiled and pecked her lips.

"Thank you thank you thank you" I squealed.

She just laughed at me.

"I didn't know men could squ-squeal'" she said laughing so hard. Her face was red and I saw her crying from laughing so hard.

"Ha ha very funny" I said. I was so embarrassed.  At least she looked cute while laughing at me.

"Awww baby dont be embarrassed.  It was cute and weird but your weirdness is just one of the reason I love you" she said.

She then quickly covered her mouth as her eyes went wide. She sat back in her seat while staring at me.

"I am so so sorry Justice.  It just slipped and I didn't realize I wou-"

"It's fine." I said while starting the car. I drove out of the parking lot and towards my house.

I looked over at Loni and she turned her body towards the door and stared out the window.

I saw a tear fall from her cheek in the reflection of the window.

I felt horrible.  This girl just told me she loved me and all I could say was 'it's fine'.

Dammit! I'm such a dick to her. She had been through so much and when things started to finally get better, I ruined it.

We got to my parents house and I parked the car. She started to fix her hair and make herself look more presentable.  She didn't need to, she looked fine. She looked perfect.

I was about to say something but she got out of the car and quickly went into my house. I heard Athena yell happily before the front door closed.

I hit my head against my steering wheel and accidentally honked the horn. My mom walked out of the house after hearing the horn.

She opened my car door and knelt down beside me.

"Justice why are you crying" she sighed.

I didn't realize I was crying but when I thought about why I was, the tears fell even harder.

My mom leaned me against the back of my chair and unbundled my seat belt. She held my hand and pulled me out of the car. She opened the backseat door and got in.

"Don't just stand there. Get in the car Justice. "

I did as told and sat next to my mother in the backseat.

She wrapped her arms around me and I leaned against her. I let the tears fall and she scooted farther away for me then patted her lap.

I put my head on her lap and she started running her fingers through my hair.