[p1] the polar express but make it camren

Start from the beginning

Camila kisses Lauren's forehead, "I missed you."

Lauren snorts, sitting up and grabbing her present off of the nightstand, "You saw me yesterday."

"I know," Camila laughs, sitting up next to her, "but I'm allowed to miss you."

"Mhm," Lauren hums, "here's your gift. I wanted to be here to see your reaction and I really hope you like it because I spent a really long time looking for it and Lucy teased the shit out of me for spending so much time on it but if you don't like it-"

"Lo, calm down," Camila says, kissing her cheek. "I'm sure I'll love it."

Lauren blushes and hands the present to Camila, a small box wrapped in music note wrapping paper.

Camila unwraps it and takes the top off of the box. Her breath catches in her throat as she realizes what it is and she quickly sets the box down and takes Lauren's face in her hands, kissing her.

"I love you," she whispers against Lauren's lips, "I love you so much."

Lauren smiles, kissing her again, "I love you too, Camz." She wraps an arm around Camila's waist, leaning into her as the smaller girl looks at the necklace in the box.

It's a simple silver chain and holding a sun charm, and Lauren quickly starts explaining, "I... you always tell me about how I'm the moon and you're the sun and I went to the jewelry store and got the guy to engrave it on both sides. The side you're looking at is you, the sunny side filled with everything that makes you Camila, and then the other side is the moon and is supposed to be me... and they're back to back because they always have each other's backs just like us."

She bites her lip, "I don't know, I thought it was a good idea."

"I love it, Lo," Camila says, wrapping her arms around Lauren, "I love you."

Lauren smiles up at her and presses a kiss to her cheek, "I love you, too."

They're quiet for a few minutes, holding each other until Camila jolts up and almost scares the shit out of Lauren.

"Your gift! I almost forgot!" She scampers over to her desk and pulls open three of the five drawers in it before pulling out a small bag and an envelope. "I don't really have a speech prepared, but... just don't freak out."

She hands Lauren the bag first, which the green-eyed girl finds a little weird. Normally, you open the card first, but, this is Camila, and she's anything but normal (not that that's a bad thing).

She opens the bag and sees a clear CD case that's been scribbled on with rainbow sharpies on one side and has Camila's crooked handwriting on the other with ten song names.

"You've been wanting my music for a while... so I wrote some songs and played them with my guitar. Shawn helped out a bit with beats and he got one of his friends to play drums for it. I also added some other instruments and uhh... I don't know. You've wanted my music for a while and this is it." Camila rambles, "Do you want to know about the songs?"

Lauren nods, "Tell me all about them."

Camila grins, "Okay, so the first one is Easy... it was a collection of notes on my phone that Shawn saw and told me to make a song out of. You'll get it when you listen to it. The second and third ones are Liar and Shameless... they're kind of fun and... you'll like it." She pauses, and then points to the third one, "The next two are very... um, I like them a lot because they're kind of sexy. Into It and Inside Out. They're a playful way of me talking about you. Then there's Living Proof, which is a level up from that. Then there's Never Be the Same, which I really liked recording and one of Shawn's friends did some strings for it that sound really pretty. Then there's Cinderella and Unforgettable, which aren't produced as much and more raw, but I think you'll like them. The last one is Only Told the Moon, and uh... I think it embodies us pretty well." She bites her lip, "Please don't listen to it with me around because I might explode."