Whenever she opened her mouth, it didn't surprise me someone would hire me to kill her. The way she looked at me without a hint of fear, didn't lock her door, told a stranger where she lived, I already knew she lacked common sense and had no idea what personal safety was.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes while I debated the pros and cons of killing her or letting her live.

The pros were outweighing the cons easily. But after seeing the photo, every fibre I was made of told me not to do it.

I'd killed a lot of people, but killing her was crossing a line I didn't know if I could come back from.

"Why couldn't you have let me kill you? It would made everything a lot easier." I glowered.

She glared at me harder. "I'm pretty sure you're the only one to blame."

"You were the one that fought back."

"You broke into my house." She cried angrily. "Did you expect me to sit back and let it happen?"

"I was hoping," I growled lowly. At least then I would have gotten paid.

"You did escape from prison, didn't you?" She questioned, referring to when she had asked me in the bar.

If I didn't kill her, someone was going to eventually. At least I would make it quick.

I gave her a disgusted look. "I don't get caught to go to prison."

"You've done this before?" She shouted, then mumbled to herself sarcastically. "And here I thought I was special."

I didn't reply, hoping this whole problem would go away.

She put her head in her hands. "What kind of person just kills someone anyway?"

"I was hired to," I told her bluntly.

She knit her brows. "Hired?"

I didn't answer as I let it sink in.

Her eyes widened at the realization. "I just thought you hated me so much you decided to murder me."

I shrugged. "It didn't help."

She slumped against the wall in defeat. "Cowards. The least those bastards could have done was look me in the eye themselves as they killed me. I expected more."

I turned to face her giving her a confused look.

She waved me away. "Instead they pay a hired killer to do it."

"I prefer assassin."

"Instead they paid an assassin to do it." She corrected.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." She hit her head against the door. "This sucks."

I hit my head, at the same time. "I agree."

For once, I didn't know what to do.

She turned back to look at me. "If you were going to kill me here, then why were you at the bar?"

I sighed. "I was watching you."

She scrunched up her nose.

I rolled my eyes. "I was planing the best way to kill you."

"Weren't you going to shoot me?"

"No. It would be written as murder if I shot you. Then there would be an investigation. I was going to make it look like an accident. I was at the bar planning what kind of accident."