chapter 15

Astrid pov

The rest of the weekend was quite. I stayed in my room the entire time. Refusing to eat and unable to sleep. How could I when my own mother was dead. I felt so lost. So angry and sad at everything. Always asking myself why she had to die. She wasn't a perfect mother but then again who is. I was unable to lift my head from my pillow. It just felt as a useless action. I didn't eat or sleep. I just stated there silently. It was Monday morning and i should be getting ready for school.

"Hey Astrid, you ok?" Ruff asked me putting her hand on my arms. I hadn't even noticed she came in. I just stayed facing the other way but gave a small nod of my head in response but of course I wasn't ok.
" you dont have to come in today if you dont want to." She told me " just take some time"

I knew that she was right. That I should be in school. I wasn't in the right mind. There was no way I would be able to concentrate. " ok" I whispered to her accepting the fact that I will stay home.

"Do you want me to stay here with you?.

"No" I whisper " you dont have to stay I'll be fine on my own" i say not moving an inch.

" you sure?" She asked concerned to which I gave a small nod

" ok then. I will see you when I get back" she said and left shutting the door.

I just stayed in bed looking towards the window. Just lying there thinking about my momther who is now gone from my life.

Hiccup POV

I had just arrived at school and went to meet snotlout and fishlegs who were waiting  by the gate.

"Hey guys" I say with a wave

"Hey lover boy" snotlout replies laughing

"Haha very funny"  I said to them in irritation " wheres the others?" I asked looking around, mostly for Astrid.

"They should be here soon" fishlegs said

" look there are the twins now" snotlout said point behind me. I turned around and saw Ruff and Tuff but Astrid wasn't with them. They both looked a bit sad. As if something happened.

"Hey guys, where's Astrid?" I asked looking concerned as they both just glanced at eachother in worrie

"What? Is she ok" I asked starting to panic

"Hiccup..." Ruffnut started but stopped immediately " she's Ermmm shes not coming in today"

" is she ok?" I asked

" yeah shes ok, she just need time to process things" Ruff said

" what do you mean" I was just so confused

" she got some distressing news in the weekend and she just needs time" Ruff said " she'll pull through. Dont worry" she said smiling

Through out the whole day I could not concentrate. I was just so worried about Astrid. What ever news she received it must have been pretty devastating to miss school. I wanted to do something to help her feel better but my mind  was completely blank. I have no idea what to do. After school I went home and got out my phone out. I thought that I should text her to see how she is but then on part of my thought that might be a bad idea but I also knew that reaching out was the best way to let her know I care so I texted her and wrote:

Hey Astrid. I know i know you are going through something although I am not sure what but I just want you to know that I am here for you no matter what and I will support you and help you in anyway I can and when ever you are ready to share I will be there to listen.

Love Hiccup