chapter 9

Guess who's back
Yep me 😀
I know I am so bad with updates I am so sorry I just have been going through a lot lately. Emotionaly. But I am back now so I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter.

Warning the first part is a bit scary for some people

I wake up from a loud noise and a scream. I get up to see what it what. As I walk through the hallway it was extremely dark and I couldn't really see much. When I get to the living room I reach for the switch and switch it on and what I see terrified me. I covered my mouth with both of my hands in shock as I see my mother on the ground  covered in blood. Before I could go to her I heard a laugh that stops me from moving.  I look over In the corner and see a figure and realise its him. Its Jeff.

"What's wrong Astrid" he said walking towards me " aren't you glad to see me again" he smirked at me. My heart started pounding as he runs up to me and pushes me up against the wall and puts a bloody knife against my throat.

"You didn't really think I was gone did you" he said. I tried to push back but couldn't
"You were always worthless" he said and pushed the knife deep into my throat.

My head rises from my pillow as I scream
"Astrid" I hear Ruff call out as I see her switching on her light and get out of her bed and come running to me "it's ok, your ok, your safe" she wishers in my ear while I cling on to her shaking.

"I'm sorry" I say quietly "it was just another nightmare "

"Its ok. It's not you fault. Do you want to go back to sleep?" Ruff asks me softly.  To be honest I dont i did want to sleep but I was scared if I might have another nightmare. I just give her a small nod.

"Ok. Do you want the light on?"

"No... I'm... I'm alright"

"Ok" she says switching the light off. I close my eyes and try to think back to when I was little with my dad to help me fall asleep.

Mourning

I start getting ready for my first day back at school since being in hospital. I haven't been their for nearly 2 weeks. Since I had to rest and recover and I no longer worked at the cafe witch was a relief. When I was ready I went down the stairs and joined Ruff and Tuff at the table.

"Hey you feeling alright" ruff asked me looking concerned " you dont have to go back today if you dont want to"

"yeah I'm ok. Dont worry I'll be fine"

"Dont worry we will all be here for you" Tuff tells me and I smile at him.

" here you go dear" ruff and tuffs mum tells me putting a bowl of cereal in front of me.

"Thank you Mrs Thorston" I smile at her

" your welcome" she smiles back and leaves the room

We all finish our breakfast  and then get our bags and head out and walk to school together. It was only a 15 minute walk and before I knew it we reached the school and I saw the rest of the gang including Hiccup waiting outside the gate for us. When they saw us they all walked really fast towards us and gave me a hug.

"Hey guys" snotlout says

"How are you feeling" fishlegs asks me

"Better. Thanks" I say smiling

" that's good to hear" Hiccup says smiling  at me and I smile back.

"Its um... its nice to have you back. Hiccup says "we've missed you"

"You have?" I asked

"Yeah" he says. I didn't know if it was just me but it looked like he was blushing a bit.

"Thanks"

" shall we get to class I believe we all have maths first" fishlegs says excited

"Oh my favourite" Ruff says sarcastically

"I know right" Fishlegs says as we all enter the building  laughing

As we walk through the halls I see Heather glare at me

" oh look." She says pointing "miss perfect is back" she says laughing rudely.

"Shut up Heather" Hiccup says quite aggressively as we continue walking to the classroom

"Thanks" I whispered to him

" no problem" he winked at me.

We get to class and our maths teacher enters the room and starts to teach us. I have to say I actually missed school and all of my friends.

Well that's the next chapter done
I hope you enjoyed it
Let me know what you think
And I am sorry again that it took a long time
Bye for now
Love Asloveshttyd 😁