~Tokoyami~ Tightrope

(Song from The Greatest Showman, during the school festival arc)

(Y/n)'s POV

  "You ready for me, Fumikage?" I asked, looking down from my perch on the thick slackline. He looked up, giving a look that told me if he had lips he'd be biting one.
  "I suppose. Dark Shadow, please be sure to catch her if I can't." He said, and his quirk nodded. I lifted to a standing position, aiming where he was as I fell back, arms reaching towards the ceiling. I trusted the two, knowing that I wouldn't hit the ground like Tokoyami feared. A small puff of air came from him as I landed in his arms bridal style, smiling.
  "I knew you could do it." I said, and he smiled. Dark Shadow disappeared into Tokoyami out of reassurance that it was okay, and I kissed Fumikage's cheek.
  "Now, let's do it again." He said, nuzzling my cheek in a kiss. Momo, who had arranged to be the sound management before Jiro's big finishing song, played the track while we practiced. He caught me each and every time, and soon we were both panting from the exercise.
  "Alright, love birds. You can wrap it up for today." Kirishima said, and I smiled.
  "How's it looking?" I asked, catching my breath. Sero gave a thumbs up, Midoriya walking up to us.
  "It looks beautiful, I'm sure it will be spectacular with the outfits and lighting." He said, and I nodded.
  "Thanks guys."

~Show Night~

  "Babe, where's the eyeliner?" I asked, sliding around in our dressing room. Dark Shadow came to my aid, giving me the small tube. I kissed his cheek, getting a small laugh from the creature.
  "You have ten minutes, we can help if you need it." He said, and I grinned.
  "You two are the best. If Fumi can get my outfit, then that would be perfect. And can you help get my hair into place, please?" I asked, and he nodded. Fumi got the urge to get my outfit via Dark Shadow, something that happened due to their connection. I finished my makeup, and hopped off the chair as Dark Shadow fix my hair. I quickly changed as well, humming to warm my voice up as I calmed my racing heart. My outfit was dark maroon leotard with small golden flecks over it, with long back feathers draping over my shoulders and down below my shoulder blades. Fumikage wore a dark suit with a tailcoat, flexible to let him dance. I slicked back his puffed up feathers, kissing his beak.
  "You'll do great, honey." I said, and he took my hands while taking a deep breath.
  "We'll do great, my love." He said, delicately cupping my cheeks as to not disturb the light coat of makeup I had put on. We both perked up at the sound of the door being cracked open, looking in its direction.
  "You're up in two minutes!" Kirishima's voice called, and I went to him.
  "Thanks Kiri. We'll be out in a second." I said, and he gave me a thumbs up. I looked to Fumikage, doing one last run over of makeup and outfits, and I kisses his beak.
  "I'll catch you."

~On Stage~

Some people long for a life that is simple
And planned
Tied with a ribbon
Some people won't sail the sea
Cause they're safer on land
To follow what's written
But I'd follow you to
The great unknown
Off to a world we call our own

Tokoyami and I danced, ballroom style. He then let my hand slide down his arm to his own, intricate spins and moves came with trust.

Hand in my hand
And we promise to never let go
We're walking the tightrope
High in the sky
We can see the whole world down below
We're walking the tightrope
Never sure
Never know how far we could fall
But it's all an adventure
That comes with a break taking view
Walking the tightrope
With you
Oh, oh, oh, oh
With you
Oh, oh, oh, oh
With you

My back to his, we looked to the lights above, and he backed up. In a moment of trust once more, I ran to him, allowing him to toss me to the slackline. I grabbed on with my hands, swing to straddle it. Gasps came from the crowd as it lifted higher, and I stood. I dance back and forth, slowly making my way to the middle as the song rang about taking that risk.

Mountains and valleys
And all that will come in between
Desert and ocean
You pulled me in and together we're lost
In a dream
Always in motion
So I'd risk it all
Just to be with you
And I'd risk it all
For this life we chose
Hand in my hand
And you promised to never let go
We're walking the tightrope
High in the sky
We can see the whole world down below
Walking the tightrope

I took a deep breath, not even glancing to see if he was ready.

Never sure
Would you catch me
If I should fall?

The room went silent as I landed in Fumikage's arms, and I grinned happily as he looked to me. I cupped his cheek, going off our previous plans. I mouthed the lyrics, and he smiled.

Well it's all an adventure that comes with a
Breathtaking view
Walking the tightrope
With you
Oh, oh, oh, oh

He set me down, spinning us around with the most lovestruck expression on his face. I giggled softly, pulling him in and stopping on the last line.

With you
Oh, oh, oh, oh
With you

The crowd cheered loudly, and I smiled.
  "We did it!" I said, and he nodded.
  "Indeed we did."