~Tokoyami~ Flight Training

(Aged up, this is an internship in the year after third year graduation. Mildly spicy stuff, edging in on smutty.)

Quirk: Lammergeier
Much like the vulture, the user has large wings that can fly to mildly high speeds. The user of this quirk also has some of the other attributes of the bird itself.

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Why exactly are we standing on the roof during the coldest night of the week?" I asked, wings closed as to not be blown off the very tall sky scraper that was Hawks' agency. The pro chuckled at my shivering, Tokoyami tucked into his cloak. We were in the internship to apply for Hawks' agency, coming together since we both knew the hero.
  "Well, the wind feels good. But, if you're gonna be interning with me, you need to be able to keep up." Hawks replied, adjusting his glasses.
  "But I don't have wings. So what part am I supposed to play in this situation?" Tokoyami asked, head cocked.
  "Hope you aren't afraid of heights." He replied, his feathers pulling Tokoyami to him. I knew he was going to fly off, so I took a running headstart. The cold wind bit at my exposed skin as I dove down, and I easily caught the wind with the opening tilt of my wings. Hawks came in above me, Tokoyami holding onto our mentor for dear life. The sight made me giggle, and I leveled myself with him.
  "How's the wind feel?" I asked, his red eyes wide as he took in the bright lights of the city that painted the night. He looked to me, seemingly calming at the sight of our open wings.
  "It's so empty up here." He replied, and I laughed.
  "It leaves more room for a tag race!" Hawks said, lightly smacking his wing with mine before taking off.
  "Hey, no fair!" I exclaimed, tucking my wings in and gaining momentum. Hawks wove around and between the large buildings of the city, leaving me in his dust. He flew at stupidly high speeds, but I had an advantage. He flew close to a small building, and I timed myself just right. Right as his wings tilted, I flared mine and changed direction. Now I was right on top of him as he rounded the building, and I dove. My wing smacked his, and I laughed victoriously.
  "Alright, you got me. Think fast!" He said, promptly dropping my crush. Tokoyami yelped, my instincts kicking in before I could react. My wings flared as I caught him, and I yelped as I dodged several close buildings, beating my wings hard to go up.
  "Are you mad?!" Tokoyami huffed, Hawks having to beat his wings harder from how hard he was laughing, hands on his stomach. Tokoyami's chest expanded and deflated quickly in my arms, his muscles tense.
  "No, but your face was priceless! I wouldn't do anything if I knew she wasn't capable, 'Yami. She caught you, didn't she?" He replied, and I smiled in the midst of my panting.
  "I guess that's an understandable statement." Tokoyami said, and I blushed as the feeling of his thumbs absentmindedly stroking my arms as he held onto me. I could feel the pull and weakening of the muscles in my back and wings, not unnoticed by the pro.
  "Let's head back. Oh! I almost forgot that one place, follow me." He said, and I relaxed my wings, letting the wind carry me.
  "Your flight patterns are gentle compared to his." Tokoyami said randomly as I followed our mentor over the many buildings of the glowing city.
  "My wings are bigger than his, but I'm not built for speed like he is." I added, and he nodded.
  "I do think it is very impressive that you knew he was going to double back. I'm also very glad that you caught me." He said, and I laughed softly.
  "Of course, I wouldn't let you fall." I said, and suddenly his heartbeat quickened under my fingertips. It didn't question it, but sighed softly as the calm that came with flying washed over me.
  "It's quite beautiful, yes?" He said after a minute, and I glanced down to see his red eyes looking up at me. My cheeks warmed slightly in a blush, and I smiled softly.
  "The city lights are always perfect this time of night." I said, following Hawks above a street. He began to slow down, and I weaved around power lines.
  "How do we land?" He asked, and I held him tighter.
  "Pull your legs to your chest, I've got you." I said, and I pulled my legs forward.
  "Good landing. You two can head back if you want, but I'm sure you'll wanna get something. On the house." Hawks said, gesturing to the many food shops around us. I looked to Tokoyami, and he shrugged.
  "Guess it wouldn't hurt to bring something back."