~Kirishima~ Trained For This

Quirk: Hellflame

(Todoroki! Reader)

(Y/n)'s POV

  "So, where are the other students at today?" Mirio asked, and I shrugged.
  "Probably off doing their own thing. I know that Kirishima and Tamaki are at the first year dorms, and Shoto is out shopping. Past that I wouldn't know." I replied, and he nodded. He had asked me to hang out for a bit, since we had been friends since he got in to U.A.
  "It's good to hear that Tamaki is making more friends, and a person like Kirishima is great to be friends with." He said, and I nodded. We talked more, walking around town and catching up some. He found some old friends a few hours later, and I let him go off with them and began heading back home. As I walked, a sound caught my attention. Screaming, terrified screaming. My brain immediately kicked into gear, and I sprinted around the corner. People ran past, making me look to the source. A nomu, probably the biggest one I'd ever seen, was chasing the crowd.
  "Father, this is the only time I'll thank you for advice." I said, taking off my top layer of clothes to reveal my hero outfit. Running through the crowd, I made it to the nomu. I threw a large fireball at it, catching the beast's attention. It looked to me, and I began running the opposite direction of the people. Heavy footsteps followed close behind, and a roar rang through the open street. Throwing more flames, I took a chance and glanced back. Nothing affected it's stride.
  "Who is that?!" Someone yelled as I ran past, others screaming to get indoors.
  "Let's see if you can fly." I said, throwing myself up in the air and continuing to glance back. Soon I gave the beast my front side, and saw that large, powerful wings kept this monster up. It roared at me, flying in at top speeds. I relaxed, letting myself drop. Right as the nomu flew over, I shot back up and slammed into its stomach, clawing with a scorching hot hand. In return it punched me square in the back, pain blooming in my spine. I yelped, retaliating with another flame.

Kirishima's POV

  "Ugh, there's nothing on today. Got any recommendations?" I groaned, scrolling through TV channels. Tamaki layed next to me, half asleep under his blankets.
  "The news? There's always something going on there." He replied, and I shrugged.
  "Worth a shot." I said, finding it. It was live, bird's eye view on a battle.
  "The hero identified is (hero name), a student in training at U.A. She's managed to keep the nomu away from any crowd or buildings, waiting for help to arrive." The anchor said, and fear shot through my veins. I knew that name, and I knew those flame patterns anywhere.
  "(Y/n)?!" Tamaki said, sitting up. I couldn't take my eyes off of the TV, hearing my classmates coming closer to watch.
  "None of you leave this building, understand? I'm calling her father." Mr. Aizawa said, walking out of the room.
  "What's happening?" Todoroki asked, making me finally pull my eyes from the screen. He had grocery bags in both of his hands, eyes trained on the screen.
  "It's your sister."

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Just die already!" I screamed, slamming the nomu into the ground with all of my strength. I could barely catch my breath before it was getting back up, body tensed like it was stalking prey.
  "Sorry I'm late! Just thought I'd give you a heads start on this guy!" A voice said, and a form slammed into the nomu.
  "Fatgum!" I said, knowing that face. I interned with him when Kirishima and Tamaki did, and he was a great mentor. I helped him, getting a narrow shot at the beast. They were almost the same size, the nomu a few inches taller.
  "(Y/n), you need to get people off the streets!" He yelled, getting thrown back. He caught himself next to me, and I looked to him.
  "I know this may not be the time, but I can take this guy. I'll keep him busy, you get people out!" I said, shooting a larger shot to hold it back.
  "You could get in serious trouble for fighting." He replied, and I nodded.
  "It's a risk I'm willing to take. Now go!" I said, and he nodded.
  "You heard the woman, go go go!" Fatgum yelled to those in the buildings, and I got back to the nomu. It may have rivaled my size, but the years of training and wrestling with Kirishima gave me strength. I grappled with the nomu, pushing against large hands. As it began to ouch back, I could feel the heavy strain in my legs. Pushing heat to my arms and hands, I could smell the burning flesh as my heat rose. It didn't let go, and I growled.
  "Fine, have it your way. Dragon flame!" I shouted, practically unhinging my jaw and letting huge flames out of my throat. It finally let go as the flames licked its face, and I pulled back, leaping up and kicking it in the face. I overwhelmed it, kicking and throwing flames. A hand flew at me at the last second, clawed fingers tearing across my left side. I screamed in agony as my skin tore open, from the top of my shoulder to the top of my hip. I fell to the ground, frozen in absolute misery at the pain. My brain tried to fight through it, but not in time to get me up. I was picked up, and I braced as I was slammed into the ground.

Shoto's POV

  "No!" Kirishima screamed, most of the class gasping or watching in pure silence. Fear flooded me, my hands shaking uncontrollably. I could only watch as she was slammed down multiple times, her body beginning to go limp.
  "Fight, (Y/n). Don't give up, please. Fight." I muttered, when suddenly a bright light took over the right side of the screen. Our father was there, and in an instant he had her in his arms. He set her down on the sidewalk, leaping into battle. She joined in, and within ten minutes they had the nomu down. Everyone cheered, besides Kirishima and myself. Both of them were bloody and on the brink of passing out, and I knew I needed to be there. We looked to Mr. Aizawa, who nodded and gestured for us to follow him.

(Y/n)'s POV

  "What took you so long?" I asked, forcing myself to stay on my feet. Father looked at me, the same unamused expression he always had followed.
  "Why did you decide to run into a fight without a license?" He retorted, and I sighed.
  "I have a provisional license, and this was an emergency situation! Besides, where did everyone else go? Because normally I'd be up to my neck in heros to help." I snapped, wincing at the wave of pain I got from it.
  "That doesn't matter right now. Get in the ambulance." He commanded, and I did as told. When I got in there, I finally let myself fall asleep when they told me my vitals weren't too low. When I woke up, I was in a hospital bed. A familiar hairstyle and hair color got my attention, and I looked on both sides of me.
  "Shoto? Kirishima?" I said, voice quiet and rough from screaming. They both looked at me, relief in their eyes.
  "(Y/n)!" Kirishima cheered, and Shoto hugged me delicately.
  "Thank god you're okay." He said, and I hugged back. When he pulled back, I was almost tackled by Kirishima.
  "Please don't ever do that to me again." He said, and I kissed his cheek.
  "No promises, honey. But I'll try my best."