Chapter 25

Victor

     I woke up this morning super early.  Not by choice, I was picked up early today by Simon and Justin, who demanded that Benji and I get to the Pristine Chapel Lakeside.  I hurried to get ready as fast as possible, putting my suit in a spare garment bag that Justin got for me.  Benji didn't go with us.  He would meet us there since Leah's mom was picking him up, so he has all the time he needed to practice the songs he prepared for today.

     As I was about to walk out of the room, I saw Benji pick up the guitar he bought in New York, and I remembered when he sang to me and told me he loved me for the first time.  My heart skipped a beat.  He caught me looking at him, and he smiled at me with his cute smile and asked, "What's up, babe?"  Somewhat speechless, I mustered the words, "I was just remembering-"

     Benji started playing his guitar, and he sang, "Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes.  But it's the only thing that I know."  He looked back up at me, and I was in tears.  I muttered, "You remembered?"  He smiled at me and replied, "I never forgot.  That was the night I told you that I love you, and I still do."  I said, "We have come a long way since then, babe, and I still feel the same way."

     He got set down his guitar and walked over to me, grabbed my hands, looked me in the eyes, and said, "Today, when everything is happening at the wedding, remember our promise, ok?"  I grabbed Benji and pulled him close to me and kissed him softly, and the same fireworks that I always felt since our first kiss came back tenfold this time.  He literally took my breath away.

     As I pulled away from him, I leaned my forehead against his and said, "Well, Simon and Justin are waiting, so I better get going."  Benji kissed me again and said, "I should get back to practicing. I will be there soon."  As he let go of me, I said, "Benji, I love you."  As he sat back down, he said, "I love you, Victor."

     I quickly grabbed my garment bag with my suit in it and ran outside of the house to see an Impatient Justin at the front door.  As soon as he saw me, he sighed, "OH MY GOD FINALLY!"  He ran to the car and then continued, "I guess it takes forever for you to look like a whole damn snack."  I laughed at his comment and brushed it off as I got into Simon's car, where Simon was already ready to go.

     He looked at me in the rearview mirror and said, "Wow, someone looks good!"  I laughed and said, "Sorry, it took so long.  Benji sang to me as I got ready."  Justin, who was getting into the car, turned to me and said, "Oh gurl, you have to tell me everything!"  Simon laughed as he pulled out of the driveway and said, "Tell him as we get ready!  We have to help set up before everyone gets there."

-----

Benji

     I got to the wedding a few hours after Victor and almost on time.  Luckily Mrs. Spier agreed to pick me up.  I wanted to go with Victor, but I had to practice to get the two songs that I chose, one for when Leah and Abby walk down the aisle and one for their first dance.  The song choice was easy.  As soon as Leah and Abby told me what they like, I knew exactly what to pick.

     Practicing these songs was easy.  All I had to do was think of how Victor makes me feel.  He really is my better half.  Just being myself is so easy when I am with him.  Just sitting on the bed doing homework together or laying next to him reading a book, I know that he loves me for me.  Sure he is hot, and the physical stuff is great and all, but if I was honest, I could spend the rest of my life just existing next to him and nothing more, and I would be completely ok with it.

     As I walked down the path to the park where the wedding is, I saw how it was decorated in all white.  It was so pretty, the white steamers, the chairs, the tables with the white roses, it was too much to take in.  But then, there he was, all dressed up, and I felt myself go speechless.  He literally was so handsome he took my breath away.