Chapter 13

Dillon

     Pointing the gun into Victor's back, I lean into his ear and whisper, "Walk, or I'll shoot." He looks at me with fear in his eyes. I match his pace, making sure that withing his jean jacket, the sight of the gun is hidden. A few people look at us as we walk out of the crowded stadium, but I am sure that the weapon is hidden. Plus, the game is still going on, and won't be done for a while so I should be good.

     Once we get through the gate, I push the gun into his pack harder and say, "If you run, you die." Victor looks back at me with such fear in his eyes. I would think he was about to pee his pants. I walk him to my car, and before I do, I look to make sure no one is watching. No one is around, so I open the trunk. I push the gun into him again and say, "Get in." But before I force him in the car, I grab some zip ties I just bought and put them around his wrists and ankles.

     Once he gets in, I put my finger up to my lips and mouth, "Quiet!" He starts to cry as I slam the trunk down, hiding him from the world. As soon as I do, he begins to scream, and I say, "Shit! I forgot to cover his mouth." I rip open the trunk of my car, and from the same bag that I pulled the zip ties from, I pull out a ball gag. I laugh and say, "Last time I used this, I screwed Derek on their anniversary,"

I put the ball gag in his mouth and say, "You are lucky no one heard you scream, or chances are I would have to kill them."

     I make sure that he is good and tied up, and then I say, "Now, sit tight because it's gonna be a long ride to the campground!" I slam the trunk on him, now knowing that my prisoner is secure.

I think to myself quickly, "When Benji realizes Victor is missing, I need to have proof I took him." I open the trunk part way and take a picture of him. He is crying. I lean down, and I put my finger to his skin, wiping away the tears. I quickly say, "Don't worry, by the time this is done, only one of us will be standing."

     I shut the trunk on him one last time, and I climb into the driver's seat. I roar the car to life. I say to myself, "When this is done, he will be mine." I close my eyes as I pull out of the parking lot and drive out of the parking lot and speed onto the street. I head Victor squirming around in the trunk, and I yell, "Victor, if you squirm like that, you will just wind up hurting yourself." I laugh and turn on my radio to drowned out the sounds.

4 Hours Later

     As I sped down the road, I watched the scenery pass me by. I completely forgot that Victor was in the trunk. I hear a loud thud, and I turn the music off and scream, "WHAT IS GOING ON?!" I look to the passenger's seat where the gun laid, and I think to myself, "Do I need to stop the car? Maybe he needs to be taught a lesson." Before I have a chance to react, I hear this blaring noise, and I see red and blue lights in my rear-view mirror. I mutter, "Well, fuck!"

     I slow the car down and pull off to the side of the road, staring down the cop that was about to question me. In what seems like forever, he comes walking up to my window. I roll it down and say, "Good evening officer, what seems to be the problem here?" I smile at him and think, "I need to ditch him fast." The officer leans on the car and says, "Son, you know why I pulled you over?" I shake my head and say, "Um, I do not know for the life of me." I grit my teeth, thinking that each second that passes is one more chance for the officer to find out I kidnapped Victor.

      He laughs and says, "Well, son, you were speeding. 90 in a 65. Now that is a pretty big ticket by itself, but you have a busted taillight." I close my eyes and say, "How much will this be to make it go away." The officer laughs and says, "Well, I sure hope that you are not saying that you want to bribe an officer of the law." I smile and say, "Read the name on my license. You will see that I am the son of a significant man." The cop looks at my license and says, "Vanderbilt, huh? Isn't that the name of the richest family in Atlanta?" I nod my head, and the officer's face turned from one of concern to one of greed.