Halloween Special

Victor

"Hey guys, any plans tonight?" Felix asked after he handed the last customer their drink. Benji looked at me, grinning from ear to ear, and said, "Well, we are going to do a movie night at the theater. This new slasher movie just came out-" I quickly snapped, "No, Benji, you want to go see the slasher movie! What we have here is a hostage situation."

Benji laughs and says, "Oh, I am sure that my hostage is very willing to go with me knowing I will be there to protect him." I rolled my eyes as I turned to Felix and tried not to laugh while saying, "See what I am working with Felix?" Felix, who couldn't stop laughing, boasts, "Well, Carter and I are planning on going to this haunted house that I use to go to when I was a kid. I was thinking, and I thought maybe we could make it a double date."

Benji looks at me, and with that look, my stomach dropped, and he blurts out, "I am down!" And as soon as the words leave his mouth, I groan because I know that I do not have a say in the matter anymore. Felix, who is now beaming from ear to ear, runs to the back room and says, "I am going to get the tickets."

Once he can't see my face, I stick my tongue out at Benji and ask, "Babe, why do you hate me?" With the same grin on his face, he replies, "Well, let me have my fun, and afterward, when I have saved you from the haunted house, you can reward me." And as he finished his sentence, he winks at me. Hearing my boyfriend say this out loud at work made me blush harder than I ever have before because Benji burst into laughter at my embarrassment.

Thankfully, that moment didn't last long, though, because Felix came sulking back into the station, and with a depressed look on his face, he says, "So, the haunted house got shut down by the health department, so maybe a double date to the movie?" Benji grins and says, "Ya, that's fine with me."

Now, Everyone is staring at me, and I know that even though Carter isn't here, I have lost this time, and it is three to one, so I moan, "Fine! But I am going to scream and try to climb on top of you, so be warned." Benji just smirks and says, "So, it's like most nights then. Got it!" Felix busted up laughing, and I felt the embarrassment that had just faded come back to me.

Mia

"Ugh, Andrew! Why are you making me go talk to them?!" I pout as we pull up to Brasstown. Andrew, who was dressed up as the Joker to my Harley Quinn, looked at me with his painted face and green hair and said, "Listen, you have mentioned how you missed Victor and everyone else, so Halloween is a good chance, plus a corn maze will be fun as a group."

I rolled my eyes because I knew Andrew was right. He usually is, I won't tell him that, but I know he is. Knowing that I have lost this argument, I look out the window and say, "Fine, but we are going to invite Lake, Benji's brother, and Pilar too." Andrew was happy that I conceded to him, as he said, "You know Felix and Carter are probably going to tag along too."

As Andrew parked the car, I made sure to send a text to Lake, asking her to invite everyone to the corn maze and that we will need her car to get there. She replied almost instantly with a short string of emojis; "😈🐝👻🎃👍🏻. " Which I immediately was confused by.

Once we got to the door, I stopped and looked at Andrew, who was towering over me, and said, "Do I have to?" He opened the door and playfully pushed me inside, where I walked myself towards the counter without even saying a word.

I saw Benji point towards our direction, which made Victor turn around quickly, and he said, "Mia! You look amazing!" I felt my cold stance melt a bit by how friendly he was and how he has done everything to try and mend fences, even after I was a bitch to him and Benji, and I said, "So we are all going to a corn maze tonight. If you guys want to come, Lake can pick us all up here after you guys are off?"