author's note.

*As of September 2021, this story is undergoing some major editing. Content may change*
———

Hello there. There are just a few things that I want to say before you start reading my story, as it may help you to make sense of it and show my motivations behind it.

This book is based off of what I would want to experience if I were to shift. So, it's very cutesy and mostly happy. If you are looking for a darker fanfic, please check out my new one: Evangeline Blackwood and the Lost Letter. It's a very different style than this one and not so "soft." :)

First of all, I would like to say that I am not very confident in my knowledge of Harry Potter. I've always loved Harry Potter, but I have (regrettably) never read the books. I've seen the movies over and over again, and therefore this fanfiction is mostly based off of the movies.

About a month before I published the first chapter of this book, I started reading the Harry Potter series. At the time of writing this author's note, I have read the first two books (they are amazing, oh my god) and I am in the middle of the third. The reason I tell you this, reader, is because as I read the Harry Potter series, I will definitely be coming back and change things that I got wrong in this fanfiction, as long as I'm able to keep the same plot.

Furthermore, if you find anything in my fanfiction that doesn't make sense or can be proven wrong by the books, please leave a comment on it (I won't be offended, promise.) I would really love to learn more about how the wizarding world works, and I know that there are a lot of people on this website that are basically experts. Don't be afraid to give me your wisdom, and I will add changes to the plot as I see necessary. But if there is something super big that needs to be changed that would change the entire outcome of the story, I will probably leave it as it is, I hope you understand.

Also, I want to say this clearly: THERE IS NO SMUT IN THIS BOOK. I know that will turn a lot of you away, but since I am a legal adult, I didn't feel comfortable writing sexual scenes about teenagers, I hope you understand. :)

Edit: I would also like to mention a few things, as I am currently writing the concluding chapters of this book and there are some new things I want to add to my author's note. First of all, in the later chapters of the book, there are some points in the story that go directly hand in hand with the movies, dialogue and all. I tried to keep it as original as possible, but as timelines and character circumstances intersect in the story, there are a lot of things that I wanted to keep the same as the original plotline of the movies. So, if I don't mention something that specifically happened in the movies, just assume that those things did still happen, they just weren't mentioned in writing. Everything that happens is pretty much the same, other than the story and the plotline that I have created. The outside events still coincide. Secondly, there are some technical issues that I have been having, especially relating to wizarding capabilities and spell usages, and I have included some things in this story that aren't exactly "canon" magic. But I hope that they will still be entertaining and interesting to read about, even if they aren't completely accurate to the vast wizarding world created in the Harry Potter books.

The final thing that I would like to say is thank you, for finding my book and for wanting to read it. For a little information about the pages ahead: this is a very soft Draco fic, but it gets very dark. So if you are looking for softness, darkness, slow burn, and a little bit of spice, look no further. I hope that you enjoy it.

Rene Wood

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Other Trailers

*This story is rated Mature Audiences for: violence, swearing, dark topics, gore, and slight sexual content.*

*I own none of the characters and plot of the Harry Potter series except for my own original content*