twelve.

Ana stood at King's Cross station, looking around for her uncle. She hadn't spotted him yet and she was busy watching the hustle and bustle of the station, other Hogwarts students leaving for their summer holiday. Ron, Harry, and Hermione had already left, promising as always to write to her, and she was standing alone, eyes scanning the crowded platform. Maybe Severus was caught talking to someone, a student perhaps. Ana mused while glancing patiently at the large clock above her.

A couple of black clad blondes moved into Ana's field of vision, walking over towards the exit of the platform. Lucius Malfoy was absent, leaving Narcissa to be the only one there to pick up her son from the train station. Draco was looking around, searching. Soon, he found what he was looking for. He locked eyes with Ana and stopped, meeting her emerald eyes with affection. Draco ignored his mother's pleas for them to continue walking, brushing her off when she laid a light hand on his shoulder. Draco swallowed, plucked up his courage, and walked towards Ana, not wanting to leave for the summer without saying goodbye, amongst other things.

Ana watched with bated breath as Draco strode over to her, trying to ignore the concerned stare from Narcissa Malfoy. Draco reached Ana quickly and was about to grab her hand when he thought better of it. He didn't want his mother to tell his father about him holding Ana's hand, as Lucius would surely smack him.

"I'll see you in the fall, then?" Ana asked quietly, still aware of the various Hogwarts students bustling around her. No one paid any attention to them though. They stood a foot or two apart, looking as casual as they could.

Draco had a knowing smirk on his face. "You'll be coming to the manor again this holiday, won't you?" he asked innocently.

Ana couldn't help but give him a small smile. She was hoping that Draco would offer this to her. Despite their argument the night the DA was found out, and despite Ana's knowledge that Lucius Malfoy had been involved in the making of yet another tragedy, nothing sounded better than another week with Draco, reading and kissing and swimming and sleeping in his bed. Maybe they could escape the war brewing all around them, ignore the state of the world for a moment. But Ana had been foolish to think that they could have a repeat of last summer, as things were so different now. Sunshine and bliss were far out of Ana's reach, but she didn't yet know it. "If you're lucky," Ana teased, a shy smile on her face. Draco brightened.

"I'm feeling pretty lucky," Draco murmured. This wasn't entirely true, as he was being faced yet again by going home and his head was heavy with thoughts of his father's impending trial, but he felt lucky that Ana seemed to have forgiven him for his transgressions.

Ana smirked at Draco, knowing that, underneath her teasing, she would come to Malfoy Manor as soon as she was beckoned. "When?" Ana asked.

"Tomorrow," Draco said immediately, smiling.

Ana laughed heartily. "Tomorrow?"

"No. But soon," Draco murmured. He tried to ignore the watchful eyes boring into his back. Maybe he wouldn't have to even ask permission for Ana to come, he could just sneak her in. This would be a lot easier.

Ana saw a black figure cross over in front of her, several yards away. It was Severus and he was looking at her, waiting patiently.

Ana wanted to kiss Draco, but thought better of it. "See you soon," Ana whispered flirtatiously, and as she walked by, she brushed Draco's hand with hers, making herself blush. But soon Ana would be kicking herself, wishing she had given Draco the goodbye kiss he deserved.

---

Ana,

I know it hasn't been long since we talked at King's Cross, but I had to write to you. Things have come up, unavoidable things. I thought that they would be handled quickly, but they haven't been. So I'm afraid you won't be able to come to the manor this summer. I'm sorry, I know that you were looking forward to it, as was I.

BREATHE -draco malfoyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें