Moonbyul's eyes widened.

"What for?"

"She Uh- she told me about your past. " Wheein told her carefully.
Moonbyul frowned hearing this.

"I know it wasn't her place to tell but she got worried and just wanted to make sure that there'll be someone you'll talk to. " Wheein looked into moonbyul's eyes, checking how she'll react.

Moonbyul sighed and looked down at their hands. She just couldn't be mad at Wheein. It's impossible.
She couldn't be mad at irene either, knowing how much of a mother she can be.

She looked at the children playing in front of her and took a deep breath,  while her hand held  on Wheein's tightly. 

"How much did she tell you?" 

"Well... "

___________

"She literally told you my whole history ." Moonbyul scoffed in disbelief.

Not really the whole story. But still...
Hell , she was Yongsun's bestfriend before becoming mine. Ofcourse she'd know most of it.

"I'm sorry. " Wheein apologized ,feeling guilty for knowing things that didn't come from Moonbyul herself.

"It's okay." Moonbyul sighed.
"I was kinda exaggerating. And I get why irene would do that. But...I just wished you heard it from me. "

"I do want to hear it from you ,unnie. But that is if you're ready. " Wheein smiled softly.

"On the other hand I understand more about why you rejected me."wheein chuckled.
"I guess at that moment I was more focused on the fact that I was hurt by your rejection. " Wheein continued.
"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. You had a right to feel however you felt that day.  We all react differently to certain things. I just wished I didn't hurt you as much as I did. Hurting you is the last thing I want."

It was silent for a moment when wheein suddenly started laughing.

"Unnie , pain is inevitable. Don't treat it like it's something scary. It's okay to not feel fine sometimes. It's okay to get hurt  by some things. That's life. At the end of the day, we're all still only human. We go through ups and downs. We make mistakes, we learn from them and move on. "

"There are some things that happen in life, for us to learn from them. It's like a journey with obstacles in your way. Those challenges are for you to choose whether you'll let it form you or break you."

"So in conclusion. I'll be okay ,unnie.  So don't worry. " Wheein looked at Moonbyul with a reassuring smile. 

Moonbyul smiled back and felt a bit relaxed.

"I bet Hyejin-ah is still mad at me." .

"Yes and no. I don't get her sometimes anyway. " Wheein shrugged.

Moonbyul chuckled knowing what the lion girl might be like sometimes.

"Me neither." Moonbyul replied.

The two sat in silence. Fingers still intertwined.
They were watching as the sun set and the park became quieter.
The air became colder , sending shivers down Wheein's body.
Moonbyul noticed this and stood up.

"Let's go back or you'll turn into a popsicle. " She joked.

Wheein chuckled and stood up as well.
Slowly but pleasantly they walked towards moonbyul's car.

"Should I just drop you home? I don't have any idea where the others are right now." Moonbyul said.

"That would be a better idea. Knowing Hyejin , she probably went somewhere else with your sisters. "