Chapter 32 - Leave

Leah Morris

When someone knocked on the door to my apartment, I immediately walked towards it and opened the door. I was hoping to see Adrian but it was not him.

I don't know this man, I've never seen him before.

As I was about to greet him, a woman showed up behind him and I looked at the both of them confused.

"You must be Leah, right?" He asked and the guards didn't even stop them so I'm assuming that he's one of Adrian's friends.

"I am, but.. who are you guys?" I asked.

"My name is Phoenix Sterling and this is my wife, Lana." He introduced himself as he put his hand in front of him. I shook it and his wife smiled to me.

"Why are you here?" I really have trust issues with new people ever since I got kidnapped. It made me a fraid to go outside too, especially without Adrian.

"Adrian sent us here." But Adrian never told me anything about his friends coming here.

"I'm so sorry but I don't really trust-" Before he could continue his sentence, Adrian's guards suddenly stopped the couple. Adrian's guards pushed the man away and I'm scared now.

"I suggest you to check your phone, Leah." Lana said and I quickly ran inside taking my phone. There's a lot of missed calls from Adrian and he texted me to let Phoenix and Lana in. I quickly ran back outside stopping the guards from dragging them away.

I let the both of them in and apologized for not checking my message from Adrian.

"Nice to meet you, Leah." Lana said as she looked around my apartment.

"I'm sorry to ask this but why do Adrian send you both here? He can come and check on me by himself." I said confused and Lana sighed.

"I don't think Adrian will be able to see you in a few days or maybe weeks." Phoenix said and I freaked out.

"What? Is he in danger?" I asked worried and Lana glared at her husband.

"He's fine, Leah." Lana calmed me down as she made me sit on the sofa in the living room. Lana gestured Phoenix not to say anything and she turned to me.

"Adrian is completely fine, he's just on Dean's supervision. He won't be able to see you until you go back to America." What?

"Dean wanted you to get out of here in 10 days." Phoenix said and I turned to him.

"I know that he wanted me to get out of here but I'm still on my recovery. I can't show up like this in front of my family." I said gesturing my scars and bandages.

"We know." Lana sighed.

"He threatened you huh? What did he say?" Phoenix asked and Lana held my hand. I turned to her and sighed.

"He will kill my family if I don't go back ASAP since I know too much." I said truthfully as I looked down to the ground.

"Typical Dean." Lana hissed.

"You know him too? You know about-" I was about to say ILLICIT then I remembered that they might not know about it.

"ILLICIT? He was a member of ILLICIT." Lana said and I turned to her in shock. I turned to Phoenix and he nodded confirming that he was one of the members.

"But.. you left?"

"Adrian sent us here to make sure that you're okay." Phoenix said as he walked towards the window.

"I'm fine but I'm worried about him." I said and Phoenix shook his head.

"You don't have to worry about him. Dean will never kill him or do something bad to him.. I mean except from throwing punches." Phoenix said chuckling but I couldn't take the joke. I was worried so much about him.

"One thing that I want to ask you is that.." I turned to Lana and she smiled. "Do you really want to leave Adrian?" She looked straight into my eyes.

Adrian has been telling me not to leave these days. He was hoping that I could stay but knowing Dean was ruthless, I'm worried about my family. My family is all I have since I really don't have friends.

But.. do I really have a reason to stay?

"Do you think Dean will kill my family for real?" I asked Lana and she sighed. She turned to Phoenix making me turned my attention to him.

"Yes."

"Then I have to leave, my family is my everything. I can't let Dean kill them, just because I decided to stay here." I said as I got up from my sofa. I was about to go to my bedroom to pack when Lana dropped a question.

"So you don't care about Adrian then?" I turned to her.

"I care, I do care but you said Dean won't hurt him so I rather leave and make sure that my family is safe." I said without hesitation. Lana and Phoenix looked at each other and I walked towards Lana again. I turned to Phoenix.

"Why did you leave ILLICIT?" I asked.

"Because I choose to get married." Phoenix answered and I turned to Lana. She nodded confirming his words. I don't understand why he left the group just because he's married. He's a member of ILLICIT and people will die to be in a part of that group. I can't even imagine leaving the most powerful group in Europe for a woman that he loves.

"There's a lot of reasons why I chose to leave or you can say that I got kicked out but mainly because I love my wife so much." Phoenix said as he walked towards me.

"Listen-" Before Phoenix can say anything, Lana stopped him. She stood up and walked towards me. She grabbed both of my hands.

"Leave and never see Adrian again or you can stay and believe in Adrian about your family. That the only option that I can give you right now." Lana said as she gave me a soft smile.

"But it seems to me that.. you'll leave anyway right?" Lana asked and I found myself nodding.