Chapter 31 - React

Adrian Nielsen

"Can you not leave?" I asked her and she smiled. Before she could answer, my phone rang. I got up and grabbed it from the table in the living room.

"Hello, mother." I answered.

"Adrian, why didn't you tell me you have a girlfriend?!" What? I looked at Leah who was busy eating and I can't believe my ears.

"Mother, I don't have a girlfriend.. yet." I said and Leah choked on her food. I quickly walked to the kitchen grabbed her a glass of water.

"I can't believe you don't even bother to tell me about it."

"Mother, where do you get this information?" I asked because I'm pretty sure no one knows about me and Leah.

"Aria." She said simply and I cursed under my breath.

"What did she say?" I asked completely hating on my sister right now.

"So.. it's true?" She asked excitedly and I put her on loudspeaker. I put the phone down on the table and Leah was looking at it.

"True what?"

"That you have a girlfriend?" She asked and Leah looked at me with her eyes widened. She was chewing her food and she looked like a chipmunk right now.

"You hear that?" I asked and Leah blinked a couple of times.

"Hear what, Adrian?" My mother was confused too. I muted my mother's call for a second and turned to her.

"So.. what do you say?" I asked her.

"Adrian, I-"

"It's okay if you're not ready." I said as I unmuted my mother's call again.

"Hello?" My mother was confused.

"Yes, mother."

"So.. is it true or not?" She asked demanding answer.

"Not yet." I said and Leah choked on her food again. I gave her more water and she thanked me.

"Not yet? Don't tell me that you're playing hard to get! Don't be like your father, he always a step late sometimes." I chuckled when I heard her roasting my father.

"I'm not playing hard to get, I'm the one who's chasing her." My mother gasped and Leah covered her face with her hands. I chuckled looking at her blush.

"Mother, can I call you later? I'm pretty busy." I said.

"Very well.. Goodluck, my dearest son!" She squealed before ending the call. I sat down across her and she avoided my eyes. She kept eating the food and I just stared at her.

"Adrian, I think you should eat." She said as she gave me my plate along with the fork and knife. I started eating and we both just didn't say anything throughout our dinner. I was trying to give her space, she must be a little overwhelmed with everything.

"You have to take your medicine and go back to sleep again." I said after we finished our dinner.

"But I already slept a lot and I'm not sleepy yet." She said and I shook my head.

"Leah, you have to get a lot of rest." I said as I grabbed her hand leading her to the living room to grab her medicine. I already have a glass of water with me and I gave her the medicine that she has to drink.

"Adrian." I turned to her and raised my eyebrows.

"You must be tired, you can go home." She said.

"You want me to go? You're kicking me out?" I joked as I pointed at the door. She was going to say something but she ended up shaking her head.

"What is that even mean?" I asked and instead of answering me. She turned on the TV and turned off some lights making her living room like a theatre room. She started scrolling through netflix and found Grown Ups movie on the list. She played it and sat down on the sofa. I sat beside her and tried to focus on the movie.

I felt tired these days and even though I already slept a lot earlier, I kept wanting to sleep. I leaned back to the sofa and closed my eyes.

"Adrian, you should go home and rest." I heard Leah said but I don't want to go home. I pretended to fall asleep already so she won't be able to get rid of me.

Leah Morris

I tried to watch the movie but Adrian was distracting me even though he just sitting beside me. He leaned back and I turned to him. He was closing his eyes and I'm assuming that he's tired.

"Adrian, you should go home and rest." I said and he's not moving. I'm guessing he really fell asleep fast. He's tired and he deserves to get a lot of rest. I got up from the sofa and slowly made him fully lay down on the sofa.

I put the blanket on again and closed the TV. I turned off the lights and walked into my room. I threw myself to my bed and looked up to the ceiling blankly.

Suddenly his phone rang and I heard him answering it. Before I knew it, he left my apartment immediately. What happened?

Chance Kyson

I crossed my arms and leaned my body to the wall. I looked at Adrian intensely as he drank his cocktail. Adrian turned to me and he rolled his eyes.

"Ever since you got into ILLICIT, I never see you as the Prince of Denmark. So.. are you the Prince of Denmark? Or you're.. a member of ILLICIT?" I asked as I drank my whiskey in one shot.

"You're turning into Phoenix huh?" I asked and Adrian looked at his cocktail blankly.

"Are you aware that this woman betrayed you?"

"She was working for us, Chance." He said in a not so friendly tone.

"You're fucking stupid!" I threw my glass of whiskey to the wall behind him.

"Know your place, Adrian!" I was ready to grab his collar when Angelo walked in on us stopping me before puching Adrian.

"What the hell are you doing in London?!" I pushed him back completely pissed.

"Why? I can't visit you all?"

"Send her back to America or you know what will happen." I hissed at Adrian and walked out from the bar. That bastard should know his place!

Thanks to Aria for the photos, let's see how Dean will react to this.