Chapter 12 - Not Again

Leah Morris

I sat on my desk and looked at the Xycromatte cubes blankly. I've been thinking about what Adrian just said earlier and I just couldn't believe it. I looked around the lab and there's so many weapons in sight.

I've seen other labs too and yes, it's all filled with weapons and technologies. ILLICIT is indeed the place where you want to learn more about weapons and technologies. They're one of the fast growing tech companies out there without knowing who the real members are.

I don't even know if Adrian is really one of the members or not because judging by some employees words. Adrian might not be the members, he's just in this field and happened to manage it.

Estelle produced weapons too so it's not shocking to see Adrian in ILLICIT, that's what people said so I'm still confused. How about the other men that I saw that day? They might be one of the members right? But I really don't know who they are.

"You okay?" My friend, Jack, walked in.

"I'm fine." I said giving him a small smile.

"You don't look like you're fine."

"It's just Mr. Nielsen, he's a little bit.. you know.."

"Grumpy?" Jack asked and I nodded. He chuckled and he sat beside me.

"He is a little bit grumpy but he's nice." Jack said as he put his arm on my shoulder.

"You hungry? Let's go to the cafeteria. I heard today's menu is burger." He said and I nodded excited. We both walked out from the lab and went up to the cafeteria. He's right, today's menu is burger and pizza.

"I'll have both, I'm hungry!" He said as he grabbed a tray for me. I thanked him and he gestured me to go first.

"This is my first time seeing American working here, you must be so genius huh?" He asked as I took a place of burger.

"No, I'm just lucky.. I guess." I said and Jack chuckled as he grabbed his burger.

"Do you wanna share?" He asked pointing at a small pan of burger.

"Sure." I said and he smiled taking a small pan of burger. We sat at the corner near the window. We could see the whole headquarters from up here.

"Do you know who the members of ILLICIT are?" I asked as I wiped my hands with wet wipes.

"No, no one knows. I mean maybe Adrian Nielsen is one of them. He's quite powerful you know." Jack said as he cut the pizza in half.

"Is he that powerful? I mean I know that he's the Prince of Denmark but still.." I said as I grabbed the burger. I took a big bite and looked at Jack raising my eyebrows.

"He is.. and maybe Mr. De Luca is one of the members too."

"De Luca? Who?"

"Valentino De Luca, the Italian Billionaire." Jack said as he took a tissue and helped wipe my mouth. I chuckled because how messy I was. I took another bite and Jack took a bite of his own burger.

"I really need to learn more about what's going on around here." I said.

"You don't need to know, it's complicated." Jack said as he grabbed one slice of pizza.

"One thing that I know is that Aria Nielsen is.. freaking hot." Jack said as he looked up the ceiling imagining her.

"I really want to be her boyfriend, how cool would that be?" Jack said as he again wiped my mouth because how clumsy I am eating right now.

"You have a big crush on her huh?" I teased him.

"She's a badass. She's a genius, rides motorbike and she's freaking.. beautiful. I would do anything to be her boyfriend, I swear." Jack said and it seemed he really likes her.

"She's a princess and I bet she has a boyfriend." I said and Jack nodded.

"That's true though, I wonder who's the lucky bastard." He hissed and then he laughed. He grabbed another tissue and wiped my mouth again.

"You don't have hands?" We both turned to see Adrian standing 2 feet away from us.

"Mr. Nielsen." We both stood up and Adrian turned to Jack raising his eyebrows.

"After your lunch, see me in my office." He said to Jack.

"Yes, Mr. Nielsen." Jack said nervously and then Adrian turned to me. I thought he was going to say something but he ended up leaving the cafeteria with two of his guards.

"He's moody." I hissed as I sat down again. I grabbed my burger and ate it angrily.

"I wish Aria be our boss instead of him." I chuckled when he talked about Aria again. I looked out the window and there's Aria with her motorbike.

"Speaking of your crush.. look." I said to Jack and he turned to the window.

"She's perfect." He said dreamy.

"How many men in this building that's acting like you right now?" I said teasing him and he rolled his eyes.

"I think a lot of them have a crush on her. She's charismatic, beautiful, perfect, badass but.. a princess." He sighed and I chuckled.

"You'll get your chance, Jack." I said and he nodded.

"Why did Adrian want from me? I'm a little bit nervous." He said after realizing that Adrian called him to the office after lunch break.

"Maybe wanting you to do some task." I said.

"Maybe.. last time he called someone, he was firing them. Oh Lord.. help me." Jack said as he looked at his burger sadly.

"He won't, you're a great employee. Why would he fire you?" I said and then we finished our lunch. We walked to the lift together and as we were waiting, Aria came out from the VIP lift.

I could feel Jack's body froze and Aria's eyes widen when she saw me.

"You're already working again." Aria said as she gave me a hug.

"Thankyou, Ms. Niels- Aria." I said and Aria nodded. She turned to Jack and I immediately introduced Jack to her.

"Nice to meet you, Jack. I'll see you both around, I have to grab my lunch and go back to work." She said and then she walked away. I turned to Jack and he was so overwhelmed. Jack grabbed my hand holding it tightly.

"She is.. a goddess."

"She is." I agreed.

"You two come with me." We both turned to see Adrian already looking at us coldly.

Not again..