Chapter 28 - Visit

Leah Morris

Adrian helped me to get to my apartment and I'm really thankful for it. I was still in so much pain from the surgery and the trauma that I just experienced. My body was slowly declining because I was so tired physically and emotionally.

Adrian helped me get a glass of water and he gave it to me. He sat beside me and looked at me worried.

"You need a long rest." He said and I nodded. I tried to get up by myself from the sofa but I couldn't. I've used my energy to walk back into my apartment and I just have any strength left to get up.

Adrian got up from the sofa and he picked me up. He laid me on my bed and helped me taking my shoes off. I sighed as I held on my stomach.

"I'm sorry about Dean earlier." He apologized.

"If you're worried about your secret, don't worry. I won't tell a soul about this." I said as I looked up to the ceiling. Adrian sat on the bed beside me as he pulled my blanket up until my chin.

"I know you're traumatized a lot after working with ILLICIT and I want to apologize for that. This is why a lot of people quit, they can't deal with the trauma. We're wo-"

"I was traumatizing but I can handle it. It was pretty scary but I can manage it." I said honestly. The first time that I was really shocked was when Adrian snapped for the first time. I'm really thankful for Adrian at this point. I owed him a lot and Dean too.

They both saved my life or else I would be dead by now.

"I guess.. I'll be going back to the States then." I said sighing. Don't get me wrong, I really love my job here but Dean wanted me to go back to the States because I know too much.

I slowly got up and leaned my body to the headboard. Adrian was looking at the floor blankly as he kept biting his lips. What was he thinking?

"I was worried." He started and I raised my eyebrows.

"When you screamed in that room, that was the most traumatizing moment for me." He said as he turned to me. We both looked at each other for a couple seconds and he turned back looking at the floor.

"It reminded me of you when I saw your face got beaten up, there was something within me that snapped. I was ready to kill people.. I was ready to beg.." His words made me speechless.

"If you die, I know I would never forgive myself."

"Mr. Nielsen, I just want to say thankyou." I said and he turned to me.

"Can you stop calling me that? We're alone and I don't really like it when you call me that. It's too formal." He said and I chuckled.

"I can't call you by your first name. You're my boss and the Prince of Denmark. Calling you by your first name will be so-"

"I don't think I want to be called Mr. Nielsen by the person I like." My eyes widened when he said that and my breath got hitch. It made my rib hurt and I bit my lips from the pain.

"Are you okay? Shit!" He said after hearing me groaning in pain.

"I'm fine. I'm okay." I said as I tried to breath normally.

"Mr. Nielsen, I-" I stopped when he looked at me weirdly and I smiled. "Ad- Adrian, I.. want to say thankyou again for saving my life. I owe you one." I said and he nodded.

"So you're just going to ignore my statement from earlier?" He asked and I looked down to my fingers nervously. I blushed when I repeated his words from earlier. God damn it! I can't even hide my emotions.

He's making my heart beat faster and every time I take a breath, it's hurting my body.

"I won't push you." He said as he got up from my bed.

"I'll call my medical team to check on you and give you some medicine. I have my security team watching you too. You should rest and I'll have my personal chef come here to cook you some meal, since you must be hungry and-"

"Adrian." I cut him and he looked at me right away.

"You should take a rest too, don't worry about me." I smiled and he coughed nervously. He looked away and nodded. He put his hands on his hips and bit his lips.

"Can you tell me what he did to you?"

"He kidnapped me in Paris right before I took my flight back to London. He put the device inside my body and made me put spying contact lenses on everyday. They basically tortured me when they didn't get the information that they wanted." I said and Adrian cursed under his breath.

"Why didn't you tell me? You could have right in a note or.. maybe find ways to tell me?" He said frustrated and I shook my head.

"I don't know why I kept it to myself, maybe I was afraid that someone else might be in trouble because of me. I don't want to drag people down to die with me." I said and Adrian sat down on the edge my bed again.

"Next time, you should tell me."

"Adrian, I think I got fired already. There's no next time." I said and his face dropped when he realized it.

"But.. what if I don't want you to leave?" He asked and I found myself couldn't answer that question.

"You look tired, get some rest. I'll visit you tomorrow."