4. (Choose one fate!)

🅻︎🆈︎🆁︎🅰︎ 🆂︎🆁︎🅰︎🆁︎

       As you probably know, I lost the file in Salvatore’s son room and now I am being yelled at by my furious boss. I messed up big time.

  I need this job more than anything. It is the only thing that makes me have a purpose in life. It is the only thing that keeps me going.

  Yes, I have messed up before but I could tell by the way gray spoke that this was very serious. The best thing that ever happened to me was coming here from the orphanage.

  I drained most of what he said out, without interrupting my angry boss but something he said caught my attention.

  I snapped my face to look at him so fast that I almost broke my neck

"The worst part of this all was the file is not with them too, and it is your fault that no one knows who took it!  I thought you were up for the task but I suppose I was wrong!"

This got my undivided attention.

The file is not with them.

What does even mean? If his son have file doesn’t it mean he has the file? Didn’t Felix gave his father the file? Why wouldn’t he? He is his father, after all. Maybe, the file is not with him too, but who else would it be with? He is the only one who saw me take it. Of that I was certain.

I clenched my hands in irritation as my lips pursed into a thin line. This mission gets complicated every minute.

I yet again zoned out think of the possibilities of why he wouldn’t give his father file or if it there another possible explanation to the file’s disappearance.

" You might do a desk job for another four years."

"But-but you can’t do that!"

"Why can’t I?" He smirked as I scowled at him.

"I admit you are one of the most excellent agents of the special cube program, but this is unacceptable!"

You already said that I wanted to retort, but I knew better that this was no time for silly comebacks that might just cost me my job.

" I won’t have another failure on this case. It has reached the authorises above and they said that it is Antonio is listed as a terrorist, apparently he stole more than he could carry. And an insider has told us that file will destroy everything Cube Camp has built over these years. It is now a matter of international security, and I won’t leave it in your hands. I don’t trust you enough."

I felt a sting of pain at hearing that he doesn’t a faith in me anymore.

The life I built crumbled because of one mission. I won’t stop until I solve it. Even if it the last thing I do.

"Can’t I do something to stop you from deciding that?"

"No, you can’t." He glared. "I won’t have it messing up our plan and jeopardizing the exposition of the organization!"

I clenched my fists harder as I felt every word he spoke sink, bitting my lips so that the threatning tear stays inside.

  This place is my home and I am helping to pull it down. But I am not a failure, at least I don't think. I am not defined by my mistakes. I will prove it to him by solving this case. That I am most definitely not a failure. Yes, I will prove it!

What could possibly help me change his mind, though?

Think Lyra!  Think, since your whole life depends on it!