𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻

Throughout the week, I met with Will at the bus stop after school. I hugged him quite often because I liked how he smelled, like freshly washed clothes with a hint of his hair gel. It was nothing too strong, which I appreciated. It was soft and comforting, just like him. When he hugged me his grip was firm, yet light as if I was a kitten, careful not to squeeze me too hard while still keeping me close. Sometimes when he held me, he'd hum songs quietly and rock back and forth. I could tell how much he cared about me by the way he held me.
          That Friday afternoon, the day of my next date with Will, I got a phone call. I ran to my room to pick up the phone.
          "Hello?" I answered.
          "Hello dear, it's Will. I know we just saw each other at the bus stop, but I had a question relating to our plans tonight, about what we're gonna do."
           "Ask away!" I laughed excitedly.
           "So," he began, "I was wondering if maybe you'd like to stay the night at my house? My parents are out of town at a wedding and I thought it would be nice to do things with you- I mean," he paused, "I- not like that, you know. Just-"
            "Will, I'd love to. I'll just tell my mom that I'm spending the night at Mary's house. She's a good friend of mine, that'll make things easier. I'll leave her a note, come over whenever." I smiled.
            "Perfect, I guess we won't have to dress up for tonight, so I'll clean up the house and be on my way. I have to put all of the robots away." He sighed.
            "Nah, I'd love to see them. Please show me, actually. I'm very interested."
            "Oh dear, if you insist!" He laughed, "I'll be over soon. Until then, my love."
            "Until then." I hummed into the phone.
            I placed the phone back in its holder and jumped up and down excitedly. I grabbed a pen and paper and began writing a note to my mother.

Mom,

I'm off at Mary's for the night. There are some new magazines she wants to show me and she invited me over. I'll be back tomorrow morning.

Love you,
(y/n)

          I skipped out to the kitchen and the note on the table where she'd see it. I was sure she wouldn't mind- I'd known Mary since we were just kids. Then I got a knock at my door, William was already here. I ran excitedly to the door and opened it wide.
         "Will!" I shouted, throwing my arms around him.
         "Love, it's so good to see you again." He lifted me up off of the ground and spun me around, "Let's get outta here."
         He picked me up, bridal style, and ran down the cracked pavement. He set me down by the car, only to open the door for me. I sat down in the familiar teal car, and he shut the door. He then ran around the back to his seat and turned the key to start the engine. I noticed him smiling so I reached over to plant a kiss on his cheek, which made him smile even wider as he began the trip to his home.
          "Do you think it's too soon for this? I mean, you spending the night at my house. I wasn't planning on doing anything too scandalous."
"Will," I laughed, "I'm sure it will all be alright. I wouldn't have agreed if I didn't want to do this. I trust you!"
"Okay, love. I just want to make sure you are comfortable- I have no intention of making my darling worried." He smiled and looked over at me.
He continued driving, we stayed fairly quiet, the excitement getting the best of us both. Neither of us knew what would happen that night, nor had we ever done anything like this with anybody else.
Will's car slowed as he pulled into his neighborhood, it was much nicer than mine. All of the roads and sidewalks were nicely paved, all of the yards were well put together, kids played tag out in their yards and couples watched their children from their nicely furnished porches. He parked his car and I looked out the window at his house. It was a newer home, I could tell because of the geometric architecture and large windows. I'm not sure what I expected, but it definitely wasn't the upper-middle class house I saw standing before me.
"Woah..." I managed to choke that out before nearly freezing up.
Will walked around the car to open my door and reached for my hand before guiding me along the stone pathway leading up to his home. He could tell I was very surprised.
"Remember, dear, it's technically not my house. It's my parent's, I did absolutely nothing to deserve living here, so don't set your expectations for me too high." He laughed.
"I feel... underdressed." I looked up at him.
We both laughed a little bit more, Will still holding my hand and guiding me up to the door. He used his keys to turn the lock and open the door.
"After you." He bowed.
I took a step into the Afton residence and a big dog bounded over to me. I assumed the dog was a German Shepherd, or at least looked exactly like one. I laughed as the dog jumped on me and barked.
"Stella, get down!" Will announced.
"Stella?" I laughed, "Her name is Stella?"
"Yeah," Will replied, "I really like her, but she can be a pain. If she sheds on you just tell me, I have a lint brush in a drawer in kitchen."
He pet Stella and he walked over to a glass, sliding door.
"C'mon Stella, outside! Outside! Good girl."
My heart fluttered, seeing how good he was with animals. Stella ran outside and he shut the sliding glass door. He walked back over to me, lifted my hand, and kissed it.
"Let's go to my room, shall we?"