𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

As the minutes passed by, my excitement for my date only grew. I paced around my room, wondering what to wear, how to do my hair. I decided on a knee length red dress with shiny red Mary Janes and white bobby socks. I ran a brush through my hair, sprayed on some rose perfume, and then I heard the back door open. My mother was home from studying; I rushed out to the kitchen to greet her and tell her the good news.
          "Mom, mom! I'm going on a date!" I beamed.
          "Oh? What's their name?" She smiled softly.
          "William, William Afton. He's picking me up at 5:30 and taking me to Francine's Diner! He goes to my school, and I met him and the bus stop- he's so handsome. Oh! He also thinks I'm lovely!"
          "Oh pumpkin, that's great! He sounds like quite the guy. I have something for you, it's meant for special occasions. I'll be right back!"
          She skipped happily out of the kitchen and over to her room, where I could hear her rummaging through some boxes.
          "I got it!" I heard her shout from her room.
          She ran back out to the kitchen holding a red headband with white polkadots. She reached out to give it to me and I took it carefully, but excitedly. I placed it on my head and spun around, my dress twirling around with me.
           "You look stunning, sweetheart," she smiled brightly, "I think you should know, that's one of my favorite headbands, so take good care of it."
           "I will mom, I really, really will!" I laughed.
           Just then, I heard a car horn honk outside. I looked at the clock, small hand on 5, big hand on 30. He was right on time.
           "Looks like you've got yourself a date!" My mom announced, she looked at me proudly.
           "Looks like it," I replied, "I love you mom, I'll see you later and tell you all about how it went."
           "Sounds good, pumpkin. Be back at a reasonable time, you're mature enough to decide what's reasonable." She winked at me.
           "I suppose, I suppose."
           I practically ran out the door and around to the front of the house. I had to hold myself back from acting too excited, but I still waved... frantically. I saw him laugh, presumably at my enthusiasm, and I carefully stepped through the grass, trying not to scuff my shoes.
           He had a nice car, it was pretty shade of light teal, which matched the white and teal leather seats, visible through the windows. I went to grab the car handle, but he got it first. I hadn't even realized he'd gotten out of the car.
           "Please, allow me." He smiled, giving a cheeky bow while opening the door to his car.
           "Why, thank you! You're quite the gentleman, William." I blushed heavily.
           I got into the car, smiling, and he shut the door after I sat down. He ran around the car and got back into the driver's seat. He pretended to wipe sweat off of his brow and exhaled loudly. I giggled and he winked at me, which caused me to look down at my shoes and smile. After his little shenanigan, he started up the engine again and began to drive out to Francine's.
            "Gosh, you look gorgeous, the whole outfit, it really suits you. Although, I'm sure you'd look beautiful in anything." He smiled.
             He thought I looked good? Did he bother to look in a mirror? He was wearing gray slacks, a fitted gray suit jacket, a white polo with a deep purple tie, socks to match his tie, a black belt, and black shoes. He had his hair slicked back, but a few pieces of hair didn't stay put. He looked absolutely dashing.
          "Thank you, William-" I began.
          "Please, call me Will." He interjected.
          "Well, Will, I think you look quite charming, yourself." I looked over at him, smiling softly.                      
          "Oh? Thank you, dear."
            I noticed a blush creep onto his face as he continued driving to our destination, and he set his hand down on the glove compartment. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to hold it or not, but we pulled into the driveway of Francine's soon after.
            He pulled into a parking spot, shut the engine off, and rushed out of the car and ran around to open my dar door once again.
            "I got it!" He exclaimed.
            "Of course, Will, of course."
            I got out of the car and he shut the door behind me. We walked in together, standing close to each other, but not too close. I didn't want to creep him out- I'm sure he felt the same way, however, if it was up to me, I would've kissed him on the spot.
           Once we were inside, I took a look around. There was a jukebox in the corner, and a whole lot of other teenagers out on dates. There were booths with red leather seats, a bar that served milkshakes, it had every quality of your typical diner. He walked over to a booth in the corner and I followed close behind him. He took his seat and I sat across from him- he looked perfect, I just couldn't stop staring at his eyes, I was lost in them. I couldn't have asked for a more handsome date.
            We made a bit of small talk, I learned about his interests, particularly his fascination with technology and robotics. We ended up chatting about that for quite some time until a girl races over to take our order.
           "Welcome to Francines, what can I get you started with this evening?" She put on a smile.
           "I'll just have a classic burger, fries on the side, please." William told the waitress.
           "And uh... I'll have the same as him." I stammered.
           "Will this be on the same check or separate?" She asked politely.
           "Sep-"
           "Same, thank you." William cut in, grinning.
           "Alright," the waitress continued, "I'll have that ready for you shortly."
           "Thank you!" William and I said in unison as the waitress walked away.
           "Will, you don't need to pay-"
           "No- it's on me, really. I'm more than delighted to spend a little on a girl like you."
           I couldn't even reply, I was too full of butterflies to get a single word out.
           Once I composed myself, we kept chatting about his interest in robotics, it was very intriguing to me, he'd been working with all sorts of new technology I could hardly keep up. Even after the lady came back with our food, it's all I could ask him about.
           "So, Will, what is it about robotics that is so intriguing to you? I think it's really neat that you like it so much." I smiled, he looked genuinely happy.
           "Well, I've been working to build robotic animals, mostly animatronic bears for now. I'm really hoping to start building rabbits, too. All of my current projects are small, but I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to upscale them and have some sort of show with them."
           "What kind of show?" I asked, still incredibly excited by this foreign concept.
           "Hm..." he thought for a moment, "I guess I could put together some sort of musical show, perhaps they could do magic, or even hold parties! In reality, there are almost endless opportunities when it comes to this kind of technology."
           We finished our food, he paid, and we went back to his car. It was dark out now, but the rain from earlier had stopped. As usual, he opened the door for me. This time, however, his enthusiasm seemed to have died down. I assumed he was just a little worn out from out date, as it was now 7:30. He went back around the car to the driver's side, opened the door, and sat down, the glowing lights of the diner's signs allowed us to see each other. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He cleared his throat and sat still for a moment.
            "(y/n), thank you for tonight. You really didn't have to ask about the robots. It's probably boring to you, anyways." He sighed, putting his face in his hands.
            "Not at all, Will," I said, "I think it's really cool, really goddamn cool." I rubbed his back lightly.
             Cursing got a reaction out of him. He sat up, wide eyed, and looked at me, and then he smiled. It was funny, really, the way he looked at me. I think that was the moment that really made me sure of him, the moment where I thought I'd really found the one. He had passion, drive, enthusiasm, it was so exciting. I wanted him so bad.
            He kept looking at me, at a loss for words. Without another word, he began to lean in towards me, slowly closing the gap between us. He cupped my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes.
            "Is this alright, dear?" He asked softly.
            "Yes, Will, it's more than alright." I whispered.
             I was shocked, but I knew it was meant to happen the moment that his soft lips melted into mine in the parking lot of the diner, in his car, the lights from the light posts and signs illuminating us. It felt like the whole world stopped for a moment until our lips broke apart and we were looking at each other in the eyes. His silver irises and black pupils looking straight through me.
             "My dear, will you be my girlfriend?"
             "Of course."
             With that, he pulled me over the glove compartment and onto his lap, facing him. My legs were straddling his as he closed the gap between our lips once more and wrapped his arms around me. He pulled away and peppered kisses on my face and neck, before leaning back and looking at me once again.
             "(y/n), I want you with me forever."