𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

After the kiss, William and I laid together on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in closer to him once again.
          "Do you trust me?" He asked me, looking at me with a tinge of fear in his eyes.
"William, don't be silly," I replied, "I do trust you with my whole heart. I doubt there's much you could do to change that." I ran my thumb back and forth on the palm of his hand.
          "It's just..." he began, "I get these... feelings sometimes. Feelings that I'm being watched and... I love the robots but... I think it's them." He looked around, nervously.
          "What?" I replied, "Will, it's going go be fine... they aren't watching y-"
           "They are!" He jumped up from off the bed, "I know it and I know exactly why but I just don't know if you'd believe me or ever look at me the same way again if I told you."
           This sudden change in pace had me wondering, what could he possibly be hiding from me? He's such a gentleman, I couldn't imagine him having something to hide that would turn me away from him so suddenly. I looked back over towards him and he was sitting on the floor, his knees held up to his chest. He was mumbling something under his breath but I couldn't quite make out what he was saying. I stood up from the bed and stepped closer to him, now able to understand some of his words.
          "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to figure out this way. I shouldn't have said anything. Tonight was supposed to be perfect and I've simply ruined everything."
           "William, just tell me what the problem is." I walked up behind him and put my hands on his shoulders, feeling his soft sweater under my fingertips. I held my breath, expecting the worst.
          "My father..." he began, "I don't know how to tell you this, but my father isn't a good man- in fact, he's a horrible man," he shook his head snd sighed, "and I don't know how to escape. I have to escape- find a way to leave."
          "Leave?" I heard the words leave his mouth and my stomach dropped, his voice seemed so frail, he looked so vulnerable... "Why's that?" He then looked towards me, his eyes looking as dead as the darkest night, and whispered to me.
           "He kills people. He's made me kill people. My mother worked so hard to get a good job so she could get away from him, I'm sure of it. My future is set up for me, I'm a killer. I'm just like my father." He covered his hand with his mouth and turned his body around to face me. "We need to leave."
          "What?" I said, in complete shock. The man I love had just admitted to having killed people after having known him for months and now he wanted me to run away with him. I didn't think I'd be able to comprehend the sudden information that had been thrown at me. "Okay now, slow down. Take a deep breath. I'm going to be here for you, but... why does he kill people? Why does he make you kill people?"
          "He's trying to figure out some recipe... a recipe for immortality- and I promised him I'd take on the job if he can't finish it... and it's beginning to look as though he won't be able to. He's not just out for the night, he's been gone for weeks... I wouldn't be surprised if he's ended up somewhere in the ocean, dead, floating away, getting eaten by sharks..." He looked of, wistfully into the distance.
          "Okay, but what about all this stuff about your robots watching you?" I looked at him, clearly confused about what was happening before me.
          "They're prototypes. My father doesn't know much about robotics, so I've taken it upon myself to learn the skills to harvest their souls."
          "Their... what? William I care about you but this sounds like some sort of prank. How do you expect me to believe something like this?" I looked over at the robots sitting lifelessly on the floor underneath William's desk.
          "y/n you said you trusted me..." William shook his head and stood up, "I knew I shouldn't have said anything."
          "William, I love you... only you and you alone. I'd do anything for you. I want to help you in whatever way I can." I tugged on his sweater sleeve.
          "Look," William started, "I gotta get out of here and I'm going to need your help, darling. If I continue what my father started, and you help me, maybe I could find a less gruesome way to harvest this immortality. I could perfect the recipe, we could be rich." I could hear the pleading in his voice, but at that moment I knew our fluffy romance had just taken a sharp turn into a new realm of possibility. "Only you can help me. We can get out of here, move out to a small town. I know there's a jar of cash under my parents' bed. y/n we can make it, things can work out for us." He took my hands in his and pulled me closer to him. "Please..."
I felt a heaviness in my heart at the thought of him getting hurt or getting into trouble. I supposed that maybe helping him would be a good thing. I doubted my mother would understand my reasoning for running away with a boy, but in my heart I knew... I knew what I had to do.
"William?" I whispered, leaning into his face.
"What is it, dear?"
"We're getting out of here."

Edit: Leave comments on what you're thinking, because I have my plans for what I want to do with the story, but I'd love more than anything to hear yours!