•12•

Third person pov:

"Come on my baby boy! Let's go!" the woman called out while grabbing her purse after fixing her makeup for one last time. San walked in the room, confusion painted over his face.

"Where are we going mommy?" he asked innocently, having no idea why was his mom getting ready this early in the morning.

The lady turned to her son scratching her head perplexed. "I didn't tell you? Oh, I must've forgotten." She shook her head, half mumbling to herself.

"We're going to an amusement park! You haven't been there before right? It'll be so much fun!" she kneeled down and gently grabbed the boy's lean arms. A small smile spread across the boy's face as his eyes twinkled excitedly.

"Really? What is an am-amu-...." San struggled. "Amusement park. It's a fun place where you can play lots of games and eat lots of yummy food! Let's go now Sannie...its faaaar away so we need to hurry!" she said getting up a taking the boy to his room to get changed.

━━━━━

"I love trains!" San said as the mom and son finally got a place to sit in the overcrowded train. He rushed over to the window seat and started talking to his mom, full of excitement and enthusiasm, grabbing few fellow passengers' attention along with it.

"Such a sweet boy he is!" A teenage girl said to his mom. His mom nodded in response, not wanting to continue the conversation any further.

━━━━━

"Are we still faaaaar away mommy?" San creased his brows, slightly tired from travelling for almost four hours, changing two trains already. "Just the next stop San. Finish this off till we reach okay?" His mom answered, giving him the last piece of cake she had purchased earlier. "Okay! I can't wait!" he playfully wiggled his tiny legs which weren't reaching the bottom.

━━━━━

"Wow" was the first word that escaped the kid's mouth as soon as the mother and son walked into the amusement park which looked endless. There were all kinds of rides and food stalls everywhere and San was quite amazed to see the huge rollercoaster and giant wheel which were at either ends of the park far away.

"This is so amazing mom!" he exclaimed excitedly as he jumped happily, bringing a small smile on his mother's face.

"Let's go there first!!" he pointed towards a carousel and practically dragged his mom not wanting to waste any more of his time.

The dawn fell as the whole park soon lit up with pretty yellow lights, balloons and bubbles floating everywhere within the premises. San sat on a bench which overlooked the beautiful view of the park at night. He was already exhausted from running around and going on rides the whole day. His mom sat beside him looking at him with the warmest look in her eyes.

"Mom? Are you crying?" he asked as he looked up at her. She immediately shook her head. "It's just because of the bright lights San." she lied getting up. "I'll buy you an ice cream." she walked over the ice cream shop which was just across the bench they were sitting on and soon returned with some mint choco ice cream which she knew her son liked.

San grabbed the ice cream immediately. His eyebrows creased when he saw his mom turning back and going somewhere.

"Where are you going mommy?" he asked, a small frown on his face. She stopped in her tracks and bent down to reach his level.

"I just need to freshen up sweetie. I'll be right back. Stay here." She cupped her hands around the boy's soft cheeks and gave him a quick forehead kiss before going back to where she was headed before.

━━━━━

Almost an hour passed and San was already panicking. His heart started pounding heavily when he realized his mother was nowhere to be seen. Tears fell down his cheeks after he tried to search for her frantically for twenty minutes. Finally, he started crying loudly as he realized he was lost. Little did he know, he was actually abandoned.

"Honey, see that kid over there!" A woman who was few benches away from where San was sitting alone spoke to her husband, pointing at him. "I'll talk to him." She swiftly walked over to San leaving her kid with her husband who gave her a worried glance.

"Hello! What is your name?" she softly asked the weeping boy who had marks of tears on his face. It had already been an hour, he was still sitting on the same bench, waiting for his mom to come back and find him.

He looked at the woman and ignored her, remembering that he isn't supposed to talk to strangers. She smiled at and sat beside him. "Okay, don't tell me your name. Just tell me what happened?" she asked again. San looked at her for a brief minute and looked away immediately.

She sighed. "Are you lost? You can't find your parents?" she asked, this time staring at the ice cream shop, avoiding the boy's gaze. "How do you know?" San narrowed his eyes as he was surprised. "Because you have been calling her name and trying to find her for a while now." She looked at him again. He immediately turned his gaze towards the ice cream shop.

"Y-Yes. My mommy." He finally answered. "Want me to help you find her?" she tilted her head. San looked at her again, staring at her for a while. "Don't worry, I'm not a bad person. See my husband over there? And my son is with him too!" she pointed at her husband and son who were looking in their direction. San leaned forward and nodded his head.
"Yes I know you're not bad...please help me ma'am."

━━━━━

After spending two hours trying to find San's mom but all in vain, the family and San were exhausted. They had searched every corner of the huge park, asked almost every person they met and even went to the main office to see if they could help by announcing it on the speakers.

"What to do now honey?" the woman had a visible frown on her face as she looked at San who was on the verge of crying again. "We tried everything we could. I think...." The man stopped speaking and returned another frown to his wife who immediately understood and nodded in agreement.

"San. You said your mom left saying she wanted to use the restroom and didn't came back right?" she sat down bending her knees. San nodded. The park was slowly getting deserted as the evening was proceeding and it was already about to close down.

She got up and walked towards her husband. "Honey, should we take him to the police?" "You know we can't do that." He immediately replied as she sighed in agreement.

"San" she finally spoke. "Yes ma'am?" he titled his head up to look at the lady.

"Look. The park is about to close and we didn't find your mom yet. Why don't you come with us to stay for tonight and we can search for her tomorrow again? You don't even know where you live otherwise we would've dropped you home." she asked softly, expecting a no from the little boy who already was super cautious about everything he did. To their surprise, he silently nodded as he looked at the other kid who was already smiling at him.

"Okay let's go then!" she held his hand and they walked towards their car, the couple glancing at each other with a frown knowing that the boy won't find his mother ever again.