•28•

Sophie's pov:

I stood amused staring at the huge piece of paper which was lying in front of me. We were back at our meeting table, ready to make plans for the mission to rescue Jiah. I was feeling guilty for ruining the meeting the other day. All that drama and turn of events made our mission postponed one day longer and according to Wooyoung, Taeyong and Mark were furious. Of course they would be, one more day added to Jiah's suffering.... all because of me.

Amazing. I thought to myself.

They are just amazing.

I looked at Hongjoong admiring him and Mingi's quick planning skills. These people were real professionals and every day I get to see newer skills and sides of them. The trio – Hongjoong, Mingi and Seonghwa had perfectly worked out all the plan in no time, had it explained to the NCT boys and even had back up plans ready just in case something or someone messes up.

"What is this? It looks like a duct, and it has a door attached to the dry balcony of this kitchen." I pointed at a part on the drawing of the ground floor plan. The building the kidnappers – stray kids lived in was an old, abandoned housing society which was never fully completed. There were only two floors and a ground floor, and it wasn't too big. But the planning was complicated. I had never used so much of my brain to understand floor plans while studying architecture. A perfect spot for criminals to hide indeed.

"Oh I had never noticed this! One team can go in from here! I think we will go from there. Is that okay Mingi?" Mingi nodded readily hearing Hongjoong. Jongho gave me a thumbs up for pointing out the place which made me smile. "Okay, great so plan is ready, I hope everyone knows everything now. Anyone has any more doubts or suggestions?" Hongjoong asked as everyone was thinking silently, probably revising the plans in their head.

The plan was simple – to rescue Jiah and trying to avoid any kind of fighting with stray kids. No one knew where she was kept in that building so everyone had to secretly search the entire place in formed groups and inform her location to Seonghwa; who will be the one rescuing her. We were just about to play hide and seek, a very serious one. Our positions and entry points were fixed, and we had to enter in groups, each of us teamed up with one-two NCT members.

"So, I am not supposed to fight anyone even if it comes to that?" I asked slightly pouting and sad for the role Hongjoong had given me. I was basically going to be teamed up with Yunho and Jaehyun, both of them 'protecting' me. "What is even the point of me coming with you guys on this mission then?" I continued, frowning a bit more. "Yes you'll be with Yunho and I'm sure, none of us would be put in any situation that's gonna end up with us fighting them so don't be so sad about it." San replied and I had to leave out a hopeless sigh.

"No, she's coming with me." Seonghwa's voice boomed confidently talking everyone by surprise. "...a-and Mark. Me and Mark." He continued. "And why is that?" Yunho quickly asked, seeming not very happy about it.

"For Jiah. Poor girl must've been in a very bad shape right now and probably terrified of men; she needs a woman by her side as soon as possible. Mark will be there but it's still better to have Sophie with us just in case there's an emergency." He spoke, every word perfectly thought as if he had by-hearted it earlier.

"Well, he is right. I totally forgot that the main reason I agreed to get Sophie involved was for Jiah and to comfort her when we get there." Hongjoong agreed with Seonghwa and just like that, I was teamed up with him and Mark, pretty much not happy about it. I wanted to be with Yunho...and as far away as I can from this man. Well, at least I got rid of Jaehyun. Mark seems much nicer than that jerk so that's a good thing I guess? I sighed as I finally nodded agreeing to go with Seonghwa.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and it surely will but then...what is this uneasy feeling I am getting?

━━━━━

A/N:

HELLOOOO!! How is everyone!?

Well, yooo okay this book has been getting a lot of attention lately and also, fall out is doing numbers so I decided to post this filler chapter today, an excuse to give an update about the schedule and publishing of future chapters :)

- First of all, whoever is reading this – THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STAYING. I know I haven't uploaded in ages, and I always come here, upload a chapter and disappear for months which is very much wrong and inconvenient so I'm really sorry for being such a shitty not-at-all-punctual author and very thankful for everyone who keeps commenting and texting me to comeback, asking me how I am doing and being very nice and patient with me TT I love y'all very much and this makes me genuinely very happy <3

- Next thing I wanted to talk about is why am I being so irregular with the book this past year. I already explained it in my latest message on the message board but putting it here too – I'm currently in the final semester of my final year of architecture degree and I really can't afford to spend time on writing as it is the least of my priorities right now! I don't wanna fail and have a year drop lmao wanna graduate and leave my shitty uni asap haha hope you guys understand!!

- Okay this author's note getting too long so gonna end it with a last point – I am of course going to make a full-fledged comeback in about a couple of months hehe. My final semester's finals will be done by the second week of June, and I will be fully dedicating my time on here, writing and updating on schedule and publishing new books, continuing the ones that are on hold as well too ~ so don't worry, I keep getting better ending and plot ideas and I'm positive that you guys are going to love this and my future planned books as well. Can't wait to fully spend time on here but until then, take care and goodbye!! Please do wait for me thooo 🥺👉👈