•17•

Sophie's pov:

"He looks so damn good with that light pink hair color, doesn't he?" Wooyoung was staring at Jimin from BTS on the big screen of his TV. It was the ninth time he had paused the concert to stare at his face. I looked at him and I could actually see those hearts in his eyes just like they show in animated cartoons whenever someone is in love.

"He is beautiful." I replied smiling. It had been days since I met someone who was head over heels for an idol after Meghan. She was a crazy fan of G-Dragon.

"You really love him so much?" I asked him. He nodded, his eyes still glued to the screen.

"That's nice." I snatched the remote from his hand and clicked on the resume button. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me but then turned to the screen again.

"By the way, what was bothering you earlier?" he suddenly asked, trying his best to look casual about it. I was slightly shocked at his sudden question but decided to remain silent. No way was I going to tell him what was I thinking.

"I am talking to you Soph." he spoke again, this time sounding more like, "tell me now for fucks sake!"

I sighed. "It's nothing Woo. Don't worry about it." I gave a small smile even though I knew he wasn't looking at me.

He snatched the remote from my hand at once and muted the DVD. "You can tell me. I can help you..." he was now staring at me and not at Jimin on the screen who was elegantly dancing on the stage solo. I gulped.

Just what am I gonna say??

Just when I was about to say something and tell him to ignore it, we heard a knock on the door. Before Wooyoung could say anything, the door flung open, revealing San who was smiling happily, a mini bag in one of his hand.

"Yo, what the fuck! How dare you barge into my room like that!?" Wooyoung spoke in a slightly annoyed tone. "Just like how you often barge into MY room." San said while walking in, the smile never leaving his face. His answer make Wooyoung shut up for a while.

"What's that?" I asked as San placed his bag on the bed. "DVDs. I heard you guys are watching concerts...I brought mine too hehe." He lightly laughed. "No Way!" Wooyoung practically screamed at San's idea.

Wow, they're always bickering. I smiled.

"Yes Way!"

"Go watch them in your room if you want to watch them so badly."

"You know that I can't do that, don't you??" San's smile was gone.

"Also, how can you say no to Block B?" San pulled out a DVD from his collection which had the name of Block B. I had to process for a while to recall where exactly I had heard this name.

"OH! I AM SORRY, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION. WE ALL WILL WATCH BLOCK B." Wooyoung's face was full of shock and excitement and he got up in an instant to shut the door.

San's smile returned, a little wider than before, his dimples deeper.

"I don't think you know Block B, do you Soph?" San asked me. I shook my head immediately. "I have just heard that name somewhere...probably from Meghan. She loves kpop." I explained as they nodded.

"You will love kpop too. You have us." San patted my head and sat beside me after preparing his DVD.

"Meghan loves Kpop. She is pretty. She is your friend so she is smart too. I just need to meet this Meghan someday so that...you know...we can talk about kpop nicely." Wooyoung smiled and looked at me.

"Apparently, she is single too. You have a chance dude." San smirked, making the younger blush instantly.

"You guys are spying on her even now!?" I asked in disbelief and slight disappointment.

"Uh...well we lik-"

"We like to be safe....yeah yeah I know, you guys just keep saying this and then do all kind of shit." I folded my hands and stared at them both.

"We will talk to Hongjoong hyung about this. I am pretty sure he will tell to stop keeping a watch on Meghan." Wooyoung answered sheepishly.

"You better talk to him soon. Leave her alone." I almost commanded. "Okay ma'am." Wooyoung replied quickly.

"You do not order us. Forgot who we are?" San lightly gave a hit on my head with his knuckle from behind.

After some time, while we all were still immersed in watching the performances, suddenly San paused the DVD. I and Wooyoung looked at him in confusion as to what happened that he had to stop right before an iconic song was about to be performed.

"Soph. I want to ask you something." He spoke before we could question, more like he was telling me and not asking me. I nodded.

"You think that I and Wooyoung are your friends, right?" He continued. "Friends? You are like my brothers. I trust you guys so much!" I replied with a big smile on my face.

"Then siblings share everything. Literally everything. Now then, how about you tell us what happened earlier which made you so sad? You were not in your usual behavior and we had never seen you so hurt." He spoke at once, which made my smile disappear.

"San-" "We won't be able to help you unless you tell us." Wooyoung spoke this time before I could say no.

"It's nothing. Just that...to put it in simple words, I feel like a substitute in your world. i don't fit in here and Yunho made me realize that today when he said he can just 'use' me against our rivals. Ah...what a childish reason to be upset for, isn't it?" I laughed in the fakest tone ever only to find Wooyoung and San staring at me, totally unimpressed by my answer.

"That was the reason?" Wooyoung got up and stood in front of me, folding his hands. "You are not sad about what he said, you are sad because HE said that, right?" he continued. I stayed silent as it was true. I was already aware about the fact that I was kind of like a hidden chess piece Ateez were gonna use against the Costras but I never thought Yunho would clearly confess and say that right to my face as if he never cared.

"Sophie...." San sighed. "Yep. I am dumb to even think about it like that. I know. I know." I spoke quickly. "It's not your fault. Yunho is stupid and doesn't know how to not speak nicely and often ends up hurting a lot of people, including us." He cleared. I finally looked at him after avoiding eye contact all this time.

"Yes. His only motto is doing anything that will help his family. No wonder he has no friends beside us. We were actually surprised when he brought you home because it was his first time bringing someone home. You are special to him Soph. Please don't be sad." Wooyoung swiftly sat beside me and patted my back like he was comforting a baby. I was feeling a little better after listening to what the brothers had to say.

And to think of it, I never really even thought about this from Yunho's perspective. Maybe, they were right. He really had his priorities straight and I was still, technically and outsider for him and probably will forever be.