Chapter 6

School is over and I head to get some extra soccer practice before the game later on. I'm the only one there so I just practice my targeting and shooting. I accidentally kick the ball on the bleachers and I run over to grab it. Someone kicks it out which only makes me go to see who it is. I stop and shake my head when I see that it's Claire. She has a big smile on her face as she sees me.

"Can I help you practice?" She says acting like a kid on Christmas. I laugh and pull her to the soccer field.

I kick the ball towards her and she kicks it back perfectly. We do that for some time until we end up scrimmaging against each other. From time to time I'll let her score a goal just to see her jump up and down while clapping her hands. We finished up for the day and started to head back to my house.

"I'm gonna shower then we could head back to school for my game." I say while throwing my jersey in the wash. She nods her head and scrolls through her phone.

After 10 minutes I get out and throw on a sports bra and some sweats. My jersey should be done in a couple of minutes so this is what I'm wearing for now. The timer on the washer beeps signaling it's done. I quickly throw it in the dryer knowing it doesn't need to take long to dry. I head back upstairs to see Claire in her cheer uniform and headphones in her ear. She doesn't notice that I'm there so I stand and watch her dance around my room trapped in her own little world.

I head back downstairs because my jersey is done. I quickly throw it on and head back upstairs to see Claire doing the same thing. I clap my hands at her dancing skills and she freezes in her tracks. She blushes hard while I laugh. I shake my head still laughing as I grab my soccer things and tell Claire to get her cheer things. She jumps on my back when she's done so I just carry her all the way to the car. We leave my house and head back to school.

Claire and I had last minute practice before the game actually started. The game only lasted for 30 minutes because the other team had to leave due to most of their players being benched.

We won 6-2 so we really didn't care. I was covered in grass stains and sweat. As much as I loved playing soccer I always hated how icky I felt after a game. As I make my way over the the locker rooms I hear someone calling my name. I turn around and see Claire who's running towards me. She jumps in my arms and gives me a hug.

"Good job Jasmine! You were so good!" She says after I put her down. I thank her and since she has to change also we both head to the locker room. We get changed back into regular clothes.

Am I in love with her? Who knows I probably am. I wouldn't put it past myself. Jasmine sure did make me a better person. What's that thing they always say on tv shows 'you change for the people you really love' welp I'm  screwed.

"Can we get Sonic on the way home. I've been craving it for like a week now!" She says out loud which causes my attention to focus on her.

"Of course we can get Sonic I've been dying to try their s'mores shake." I say while putting our stuff in the back.

We hop in the car and talk about what to do when we get back to my house. We get to Sonic and order burgers, fries, and their s'mores shakes and I pay despite Claire's protests. Honestly I'm enjoying being with Claire. I just need a way to make it official.

Sometimes I wish I had Jasmine's power to see what she was thinking. Although I'm glad she has it because I can express myself way better than I can when I'm talking. I would do anything to be called hers. Shit I would kill to have her legs. The way she carried the ball across the field, long legs carrying her along was fucking amazing. She has perfect thighs I am sooooo jealous. And she has a nice ass.

"If your done checking out my legs I would like to get home now." I say slightly smirking.

"What did I say about reading my mind!" She shouts at me.

"Actually I wasn't but you were staring at them practically drooling." I say completely lying to her.

She blushes then looks away. I drive us home to see my mom wiping down the counters.

"Sorry mom we stopped by Sonic on the way home. But good news is that we won! Oh and Claire did like three flips mid air!" I say smiling while I talk. Claire and my mom laugh and we all talk for a bit before my mom states that she's calling it a night.

Once Claire and I reach my room I have just enough time to close the door before I'm being dragged to bed and straddled by Claire.

"Claire?"

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"Well I was gonna kiss you but I think I just wanna be close to you. Is that alright?"

"Yeah it is." I say smiling softly at her.

"So our date tomorrow?"

"What about it?"

"Were you still down to go."

"Of course."

"Good because I already have everything planned out."

"I'm sure you do." I say laughing. She blushes and buries her face in the crook of my neck.

"It's not funny. I really want us to work." She lifts up so we can make eye contact. I smile a bit while placing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Me too. I really should've made a move sooner." I say laughing and rubbing her back lightly.

"Ya think?" She says pecking my lips.

Before I can respond I let out a loud yawn which causes Claire to yawn after me. We both chuckle at that before making ourselves comfortable in my bed.

"Goodnight Jasmine."

"Goodnight pretty girl."