Chapter 2

After I make it into the closet Claire reaches for the light and then closes the door. Once she's done with that she realizes how close we are since there isn't much moving space for two people. Her eyes widen and she backs up as far as she can which leaves about a good 4 feet between us. I watch as her eyes scan my face and as her mouth opens and closes as she tries to find the right words to use.

I save her some trouble and just see what's going on for myself.

Fuck am I really doing this? I mean get a grip Claire you liked this girl for years tell her already got damnit. Fuck she's gorgeous. How am I supposed to tell her? What if I get rejected? Despite on how I treat her she never seemed too bothered by it. Fuck that's low key a turn on. Shut the hell up Claire that's not what this is about. Fuck she's staring at me! How can she look so pretty doing something so simple? I wish she can read my mind. That would make this a whole lot easier. Also it will be really embarrassing though because I think about her all day, everyday. Ew I sound like an eighth grader.

"You know if you wanted to get me alone all you had to do was ask." I say leaning against the wall of the tiny janitors closet. Claire just stares at me in disbelief. She tries to say something but nothing comes out. "What's wrong? Are you all hot and bothered?" I ask sarcastically. When she just stares at me I begin to enter her head again.

Fuck you Jasmine. With your cute smile and even cuter freckles and your stupid loving gaze. Wait, loving gaze? Claire you're officially delusional. Why is this so hard?! I don't know what to say. She needs to stop staring at me. She's making me nervous. Wait, why is this eye contact kinda sexy. Claire!! Fuck I'm so gay.

I let out a genuine laugh. She is the gayest person ever! I look at Claire again and her cheeks are turning a subtle pink. She's so cute.

"What's so funny?!"

"You are. You lead me to a closet just to get all flustered when I hold eye contact with you. And your little gay rant is so cute. Who would've thought?"

"What do you mean gay rant?"

"The one you had in your mind. I know what you're thinking about. Well not all the time but only when it seems relevant."

"So you're saying that you can read my mind?

"Not just yours but everyone else's. I can control it though, I mean it took some time but I got it down."

"You're lying. This isn't funny Jasmine."

"I'm not. Think of anything and I'll say it."

"Okay, color."

"Brown."

"Food."

"Pizza."

"Another food."

"Sushi."

"Movie."

"All Dogs Go To Heaven. Oh I love that movie."

"Okay last one. Visual."

"That's very explicit of you Claire."

"FORGET YOU SAW THAT!"

I blush and look down while laughing. She's gonna be the death of me.

"Well, do you believe me now?"

"Yes." She muffles through her hands which she used to cover the blush making its way to her cheeks.

"Well I kinda already know what you pulled me in here for so...."

"Does this mean I'm getting rejected? Because I know Im not the best person in the world but I really wanna try and make us work. If there even is an "us" and if you want to start off as friends and see where that goes, then that's fine with me." She bites her lip in anticipation when she finishes and I now understand why Claire has these gay inner monologues.

I clear my throat before speaking. "No you're not getting rejected. I actually really like you too but I'm not sure if you're out and I don't just wanna be some secret."

Her eyes widen and she squeals while wrapping her arms around me for a hug. She adds squeezes here and there so I can't help but squeeze her back.

She gives me one final squeeze and pulls back with a smile on her face. I reach up and fix some of her hair and place it behind her ear before backing away again. I watch the tips of her ears get pink and I relish in the moment for a bit.

She plays with the ends of her hair before speaking again.

"Actually I am out. Well to my family and I think a lot of people know at school but I never was actually seen with a girl romantically, obviously, so I'm not sure. But who cares they'll figure out soon enough."

I nod and open my mouth to respond but the bell rings, cutting me off. Claire and I make eye contact and I reach to turn off the closet light but before I can I feel a hand in mine. I look down at her and she lets go immediately.

"It's okay I don't mind. I was just shocked for a second." I grab her head this time and open the door. I let her go first and then I turn off the light behind us.

"Jasmine?"

"Yes?"

"What does this make us?"

"Well, let's do it traditionally. We should get to know each other. Like actually know each other and not just who we are inside of school you know?"

She nods her head and looks down at our joined hands. A smile makes its way onto her face which causes a smile to break out on mine.

"Thank you Jasmine."

"For what?"

"For giving me a chance."

"You don't have to thank me Claire. I've wanted this for just about as long as you have. It's about time it happened."

She laughs and then we make our way to our class still holding hands. People are staring and some are whispering but if Claire doesn't care then neither do I.

okay so i think i'll post however many chapters i complete during the weekends and then like once during weekdays. there is a chance i won't stick to that tho so don't hold it against me lolll.

have a good morning/afternoon/night !!