𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 || 𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐃𝐚𝐲

Ugh, my whole body hurts. What time is it? You thought, rubbing your eyes. You sat up on your bed and blinked repeatedly trying to wake yourself up.

"It's 6:30 AM." Edward said, handing you a hot cup of coffee. "Two cream, two sugar, just the way you like it." You smiled and took a large gulp of the drink. A couple of minutes later you tipped over onto your bed and pushed your face into your pillow. You groaned and curled up into a little ball.

"I feel sick." You muttered. Edward came over to your and took your hands.

"Do you think it's the coffee?" He asked, putting the blanket over your body.

"No, not at all. It's probably my body's reaction to all the greasy and sugary food I ate last night." You replied, leaning your head back.

"That makes sense." Edward said. "I'm sorry you feel sick. Why don't we stay home from school today? I can help you feel better."

"You should go to school. You don't have to stay with me." You replied.

"I can't just leave you here alone. Your father is at work and I want to take care of you." Edward explained. You lightly smiled. Edward rushed around the house within two minutes and when he got back into your bedroom he was holding a heating pad, Advil, a thermometer, two bottles of water, a fuzzy blanket and an extra pillow. He walked over to you and put the pillow behind your back so you weren't leaning on your headboard. He plugged in the heating pad to the outlet beside your bed. You took a sip of water and downed an Advil.

"Let me check your temperature." Edward said, seating himself beside you. You opened your mouth and you felt the thermometer push deep under your tongue. You silently waited for the beep.

"101.2. You've got a fever." Edward said, putting the fluffy blanket over your shoulders. You shivered and Edward put the heating pad on your back. You sighed and slowly closed your eyes.

"I know, you're tired. You should go to sleep." He paused, reading your thoughts. Edward lightly laughed. "I don't think kissing is going to help your situation."

"It will! Please?" You begged. Edward looked away trying to hold a straight face. You made a very pouty puppy dog face and he gave in. He kissed you briefly and then stood up. You raised an eyebrow and he scoffed.

"Get some rest, y/n." He said walking out of your bedroom. You sighed and turned your body to the wall. Edward was right. You were tired and about five minutes later you had gone back to bed. About two hours later you woke up and Edward was back in your room.

"Edward!" You shouted excitedly. You'd forgotten he was there with you. You smiled as he crawled into your bed but then your energy faded.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, laying his hand on your forehead.

"Well, I'm not tired, just really low on energy. I'm exhausted. It's like, I want move around, do things, I just can't." You explained.

"Well what if we play a board game? That'll keep you entertained while also staying relaxed." Edward suggested. You nodded and he placed "Scrabble" on his lap. You shook your head no.

"Right, it's 2005." Edward replied, grabbing the deck of "Uno" cards. He divvied up the cards and you began to play.

"Pick up four! Ha!" You exclaimed. Edward laughed and picked up the four cards.

"What color?" Edward asked. You pondered for a moment.

"Blue." You answered. Edward grinned and placed down a blue pick up two and followed with a red, and yellow pick up two. You groaned and picked up six cards.

"You forgot to say 'Uno', pick up an extra four." Edward laughed. You threw your cards down.

"I quit. I hate losing." You whined.

"Do you want to play something else?" Edward asked.

"I want to cuddle." You replied, quietly.

"Okay, but only because you're sick." Edward said, opening his arms. You brushed up against his cold body, but it didn't feel that cold considering your high body temperature. Once you started to get cold Edward made you use the heating pad.

"Hey, Edward, what if I try and read your mind. Like, for fun. You'll think of a word and I guess it." You explained. Edward smiled.

"I'd like to see you try." Edward laughed.

"Okay, but there has to be categories. First category, animals." You told him. Edward thought.

"I'm ready." He said.

"Cat?" You asked.

"Why would I do one that easy?" Edward replied, laughing.

"Okay, okay. Eagle?" You asked, hopefully.

"Close. Seagull." Edward replied.

"Seagull?!" You laughed. The time had flew by. Once your mind was off the game you started to feel sick again. You shifted around your seating position and Edward looked at you sympathetically.

"Are you getting too cold?"

"No, I'm actually getting really hot. I need to cool off." You explained. Edward smiled.

"Well that, I can help with." Edward replied, happily pulling you into a hug.

"It's like a cold, refreshing shower. It wakes me up, gives me energy and totally makes me feel better. I like that your cold." You said kissing Edward's pale cheek.

"I like that your warm." He smiled.

"Y/n, I'm home from work! Why is the car here? You're supposed to be at school!" Your dad called from downstairs. You heard him come upstairs to your bedroom and Edward quickly moved from your bed to your desk chair before your dad could open the door.

"Y/n, Edward, what are you doing home?" Your dad asked.

"Y/n was feeling sick this morning, so we stayed home from school and I took care of her." Edward explained.

"Oh, well, that's uh, nice of you." Your father nodded and left your room.

"Let's check your temperature again." Edward said, grabbing the thermometer again. You opened your mouth and again, waited for the beep.

"Would you look at that, 98.4. You feeling better?" Edward asked, rubbing your cheek.

"I'm okay. I think I just need to have dinner and I'll be feeling better." You answered, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Alright, well I can make you and your father dinner tonight." Edward said. He walked away and before you knew it dinner was ready. You sat at the table with your father and Edward.

"You sure you don't want anything?" Your father asked Edward.

"No, sir, I ate not too long ago." Edward replied.

"Okay, suit yourself." Your dad said. You smiled at the both of them and ate your dinner. Edward sat and politely waited for you to finish. Once you did, you excused yourself and Edward from the table.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of you being in my room with me 24/7. I love you." You said, smiling.

"I love you." Edward replied, lightly pushing you onto your bed. You couldn't help but blush.

"Aww, you're nervous." Edward laughed.

"Oh shut up, Cullen." You rolled your eyes.

"You don't want me to shut up. You want me to keep talking. I heard it." He explained, tapping your head twice. You bit your lip.

"You got me there." You smiled. "Tell me a story. What it was like before you met me."

"Alright, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show." Edward joked. You laid down on your bed and Edward put his cold arm around you. It didn't seem that cold to you anymore. You'd gotten used to it. Even if other guys could warm you up, you didn't want anyone besides him.