𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 (𝐏𝟐)

The days were going by slower than ever. Especially since you were anticipating the dance. You were in eleventh grade, but had still never gone to any dance with an actual date before. When it was the night of the dance, Alice came over to your house to help you get ready.   

You curled your hair in beautiful ringlets and clipped a couple strands to the crown of your head. You wore highlighter on your cheekbones, eyelids, and a little on your cupids bow and your face twinkled in the light. You put on some cherry colored lipstick and curled your eyelashes. You brushed up your eyebrows and lightly pat on some blush to highlight the light pink in your dress. When you felt satisfied, you and Alice got into your car and drove to school.

It was 9:00 PM and the parking lot was full of cars. Your heart started to race thinking of all the people you'd have to see tonight. You opened up the doors and your eyes bounced around the gym looking at all the decorations. There were streamers hanging from the ceiling and balloons filled the room. The gym was full of students. Some people were dancing, some were talking, some were in the corner making out, some were eating, but you couldn't spot Edward anywhere. The loud music hurt your ears and the sound of people talking over one another made you anxious. The room was warm, full of everyone's body heat in the enclosed space. You could smell the mixture of pizza, soda, chips, and chocolates and it only made you feel more nauseous.

You head was full of regretful thoughts and all you wanted to do was go, but you'd only stepped foot in the gym minutes ago. You turned to your right and Alice had already sped off to meet up with Jasper. Serves you right, the amount of times you'd left her for Edward. That thought upset you even more than you already were.

All of a sudden you felt someone tap your shoulder. You turned around, startled, and sighed in relief when you saw Edward. He wore a black tuxedo and the white shirt he wore beneath had the first two buttons undone. His fluffy hair was done up in it's usual bouffant style and a couple strands had fallen perfectly to frame his face.

"Sorry, I'm late. I just wanted to get you something." Edward said, subtly pulling you into an empty corner of the gym.

"Get me what?" You asked, finally smiling. Edward handed you a black, rectangular box with a little string of silver  ribbon to keep it closed. You untied the ribbon ever so carefully and lifted the lid of the box to see a gorgeous silver necklace with the letter "e" hanging from the chain. You beamed a smile so big it hurt your cheeks.

"Happy Valentine's day, y/n." Edward smiled, biting his lip, containing excitement.

"It's beautiful, thank you." You exclaimed, wrapping your arms around Edward. He hugged you back tightly and suddenly you felt like all of the bad feelings that were restraining you when you walked in faded. You took the necklace out of the box and Edward helped you put it on. You turned around facing the noisy, cluttered gym.

"It's okay, y/n. We'll have a good time. I promise." Edward insisted, stroking your back lightly. You nodded and walked towards the punch table. Edward poured some of the red colored drink into the plastic cup when he smiled.

"What is it?" You asked, curiously.

"The punch table. It reminds me of the night you first talked to me. I remember reading your mind. You were so nervous and excited to talk to me, I don't think I'd ever felt so good about myself before. Your stuttered voice and awkward giggles made me so incredibly happy, and that was the night I fell for you." Edward explained, handing you the cup. You took a sip and smiled.

You heard a familiar voice behind you and turned around to see Alice with Jasper.

"Hey guys!" You said, happily. Your mood had finally lifted and you were beginning to have a good time. Besides the pounding music and irritating voices in the background, you were genuinely happy to be there.