𝕱𝖚𝖗𝖞

【Chapter Twenty-Two】

🀢 🀣 🀥

Ariel ran as fast as she could, not caring about the fact that her heels could break on her at any moment and leave her with a sprained ankle. She had to make it to Stiles before Peter did anything. She and Lydia had awoken in the Hale household, an hour after Peter and Derek had already left.

The distance didn't seem to matter as Ariel finally burst through the doors of the police station, after receiving a text from Stiles to meet them there, and hurried to the front desk. The look of relief on the small girl's face quickly faded, however, as she realized the usual night officer was not behind her desk. It didn't matter, however, because just as she was about to call for help, Stiles burst into the room.

"Stiles, thank god," Ariel huffed, quickly walking up to the confused boy as she tried her best to explain everything despite her lack of breath from the run there. Gasping for air, she grabbed onto the counter as she spoke, "I came here to warn you,"

"We already know," Stiles responded, furrowing his eyes in confusion, although he was glad to see her. After putting Ariel to sleep in her bedroom, both she and Lydia disappeared from the party two hours later. He had imagined the worst but was glad to see she was physically okay.

"Wait-what," the brunette shook her head, looking at the black clock hanging from the wall. If her timing was correct, she had only been out for an hour, so how did he already know about Peter returning. It was Ariel's turn to be confused, "How do you know? Who told you?"

"I saw him," Stiles said, not understanding why Ariel was so upset about the entire thing. He had thought she would be happier to learn they found the kanima master, as it put them a step further in saving Jackson.

Ariel's entire expression fell as she backed away from Stiles, knowing that he probably hated her after whatever lies Peter spread. She couldn't believe they had seen him before she was able to warn the boys. Her mind immediately flew to the others hoping they were safe. "You saw Peter?"

"Yeah-wait-no," Stiles scoffed, lightly laughing at the thought of the dead alpha coming back to life. He humorously thought about what a mess that would be before he noticed Ariel's guilty expression as she chewed her lip nervously. His jaw fell to the floor as the bourbon-eyed boy struggled to formulate words to express the hundreds of emotions running through him.

"Peter?" Stiles stuck his neck out as if asking Ariel to repeat herself as he continued, "As in Peter-freaking-psychopathic-murdering-alpha-Hale?"

"I need to explain," Ariel groaned as her hands went up to cover her face. She knew he would be upset but listening to Stiles, the petit girl finally realized how major of a mistake she and her sister just made. They barely escaped Peter the last time.