𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖞

【Chapter Eighteen】

【Chapter Eighteen】

🀢 🀣 🀥

Allison pulled up to the Martin household, awkwardly looking down at her nails. Neither she nor the younger twin knew what to say as they approached the Argent turned off her engine, turning her body to face Lydia, who was sitting in the passenger seat. The ride had been silent not only because the girls didn't know what to say but also because nearly everyone could feel Lydia's rage rolling off her in waves.

"I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened," Allison looked Lydia directly in the eyes, as Ariel leaned over from the backseat to watch her reaction as well.

"I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened," Lydia hissed, craning her head to send a pointed look at her sister in particular, who was suddenly interested in the loose string hanging from her skirt.

Ariel noticed that the car remained silent for a few minutes afterward, causing her to look up and see both girls looking at her expectantly with wide eyes, "Umm, Lydia, it's hard to put into words."

"Well, how about you start with why was Derek was there? Or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica?" Lydia seethed, growing angrier as the girls tried to remain vague.

Ariel opened her mouth to speak, desperately wanting to tell her sister everything about what happened tonight before she remembered the fearful look on her face. Watching Allison chew her lip, she knew that she still couldn't tell Lydia. If not herself, then for Scallison. The brunette mentally slapped herself for coming up with their ship name at that moment.

Lydia scoffed, "Oh, do you need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"

Allison threw her head back, knowing the twins could play this game for hours. "Part of the reason why I'm asking is that Scott and I aren't meant to be seeing each other, okay? So it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself." Allison pleaded, her brown eye shining with tears. Ariel knew she was probably more exhausted than she was after today.

"I'm asking too," Ariel frowned.

"Fine." Lydia snapped. "I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend- which is nothing- to myself."

Lydia then swung the car door open, kicking her legs out as she moved to exit the car. Just as she was about to place her feet on the ground, Allison reached out and grabbed her arm.

"Hey." Her expression softened. "He's not just my boyfriend," Allison squinted her eyes at the older Martin, "You get that, right?"

"Let me go," The older Martin sighed, obviously wanting nothing more than to spend the rest of the night alone.

"Just for one second, please, try and remember-"

"Remember what?!" Lydia shouted, causing Ariel's eyes to slightly widen as she realized that she had cast her sister to a room with her ex-boyfriend for at least four hours. The poor girl probably wanted nothing more than to ball up with a bowl of ice cream and bawl her feelings out. And she was selfishly asking her to lie for the sake of Scott and Allison, barely giving her the respect of explaining why.