𝕬𝖇𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓

【Chapter Sixteen】

【Chapter Sixteen】

🀢 🀣 🀥

"Hello, Mr. Argent," Ariel chirped, walking up to the male figure in the household. Ariel had promised Allison that she would stay over after the funeral that way Allison wasn't home alone since her parents had to go out that night to check the perimeter. Since she was running through the woods during that time, however, they decided to move it to today. The brunette immediately agreed, despite Stiles's objections the family still believed her to be a werewolf.

Allison had assured her before they left the school that her parents promised not to do anything, as they were still unsure of whether or not she was a werewolf considering the fact that she never turned. And perhaps it was due to Ariel's naivety but the pale-eyed girl wanted to believe that what Allison said was true, and the family would not hurt her. She had grown fond of the Argents after spending so much time with them through Allison and would hate to learn they no longer considered her a friend because of a scar on her stomach.

"I taught I said you could call me Chris," The hunter smiled, seemingly at ease although if one paid attention, he was a bit hesitant as he wrapped his arms around the small girl, "Good to see you, Ariel."

Ariel laughed as she pulled out of the hug, nodding her head, "I will remember that, sir."

"Hello, dear," Mrs. Argent tightly smiled, waving from the kitchen as she looking around the room, "Where is your sister?"

Allison rolled her eyes as she took her shoes off near the entrance, pulling Ariel towards the stairs knowing her parents were about to interrogate the petit girl. "Lydia had plans with her dad while he was in town."

Chris furrowed his eyebrows as he looked over at the youngest twin, "And you didn't want to do the same, Ariel?"

Ariel stopped walking up the stairs as she shook her head, her smile faltering, "I am not that close with my dad." The pale-eyed girl began to chew her lips as she thought back to her miserable freshman year in Canada. Neither Lydia nor she liked their father, but the year she spent in his custody was enough for the  brunette to resent him,

"I thought you spent over a year with him in Canada," Allison's mother pointed out.

Ariel shrugged, "I did, but I was mostly alone," she softly spoke before she looked up the stairs to see Allison impatiently waiting for her, shooting daggers at her dad."

"Can Ariel and I hang out now?"

Mr. Argent nodded his head, smiling at the Martin girl, "Yes, of course. Good seeing you."

Ariel grinned as she rushed up the stairs, desperate to leave the uncomfortable conversation, "You as well."

"I feel like we haven't hung out in forever," Ariel sighed, falling back on the huntress's bed. It was rare for the two girls to be able to act like teenagers. The supernatural world never seemed to give the girls a break, making it hard for them to remember that they were only seventeen years old. But someone had to help.