Chapter 14

Damon wanted answers but he didn't want to push her too far because it was partly none of his business. He got off the phone with Bonnie returning her call and she told him a few things but didn't go into specifics like he hoped that she would when he questioned her on why she sounded so stressed even though she told him that she was fine in the message. She told him that it had something to do with Raina and her making a bad decision and he just wondered what exactly that decision was. When her asked her about it and she refused to tell him, he knew that it was serious. He always figured that Raina was a great child so thinking about her doing anything bad was hard to picture. The only thing he could come up with that made logical sense was her stealing something but that idea went away as soon as it came figuring that she wasn't the stealing type.

He now wished that he was closer to her, but Bonnie was a little hesitant to introduce them and he could see why but he figured that it was time. They've been seeing each other for a good amount of time now and he wanted to formally meet her offspring so he brought the idea of them having a dinner date so he could get to know her more. She was a little against it at first but then ultimately decided that it was a good idea figuring that it was time for him to meet her too especially since she's in love. Damon thanked her and they set up a date and he made sure to clear out his schedule that night so he could spend time trying to think of ways to win Raina over. 

:::

He's never been so terrified in his life. When he received the call his heart never stopped pounding deep in his chest and his whole being began to sweat. That was a week ago and he's still shaking. The thought of Mr. Salvatore knocking on his door to beat and maybe even kill his ass haunted him in his sleep and even though Raina told him that her father was in and would stay in the dark, it still spooked him a little.

What he needed was her in his arms and to apologize to Ms. Salvatore for being so irresponsible. He hated that Raina went through that without him being there, he knew that couldn't be easy but he's glad that it's over because he now learned from his mistake. He doesn't regret sleeping with Raina, it was the best experience that he's had in his life and no matter how much he wants to do it again, he won't because he doesn't want to go through such a scare again. He couldn't wait for this week to be over so he could finally see his girl and prayed that the rest of her trip will go better than it already has been.

-------

Stefan smiled down at his little girl trapped between his forearms and kissed her chubby cheek. He's never loved anyone or anything the way that he loves her and he just wishes that she would stay this small forever. She was growing up too fast, already trying to speak and regulating everything in the house. He hated that she was that spoiled but he had no one to blame but himself, she has him tightly wrapped around her little finger and she knows it. It probably has something to do with her looking so much like her mother that has him acting like a butler to this little one or maybe it's just simply because of the love or even both. Stefan smiles again as her arms reach up and touch both sides of his face and he moved his head to kiss her little hands then her slick lips.

"Daddy loves you so, so much, you know that? I'll do anything for my little girl." She smiles at that so he decided to continue. "I'll make sure that you have the very best and grow up to be anything that you want and I'll support you no matter what," he says smiling rubbing their noses together and she giggles. "My little Raina."

He kisses her again and is so captivated by this small being that he doesn't see or hear Bonnie come in. She opens her mouth to speak then stops to smile at the sight. Raina laying on her back touching Stefan's face while he's looking down on her smiling that smile that she loves. Bonnie takes a picture then walks up to them this time gaining Stefan's attention.