Chapter 16

Bonnie felt sick and no it wasn't because she was pregnant, she checked, but because she got her hopes up and her hopes ended up letting her down as usual.

After Stefan and hers intimate night and morning together, they found themselves touching a lot more and holding hands when Raina wasn't looking and more so Stefan would steal kisses often times to her lips but he'd also settled for her neck and shoulder when it wasn't covered by the fabric of her shirt. They spent the rest of their nights on the cruise together by just talking and sleeping and even joked about the kid that could potentially be growing inside her and how much their lives would change and hopefully for the better.

When they landed in Mystic Falls, Stefan was with her when she took the test and they both acted as of it was okay that she wasn't carrying another Salvatore, when on the inside they were hurt.

He invited her out to dinner a few times and she was hoping that he would ask the question that she so wanted to hear, but instead she heard something that felt worse than not being pregnant.

I'm going to ask Jay to marry me and I want your permission.

Jay? When the hell did she come back? And what the fuck you mean you want to ask her to marry you? What about me? What about that night and morning, what about wanting me to be pregnant with your child? What about that? Was that all just a game, just a silly trick and again I was too naïve to see it? Do you realize how much you're hurting me? Of course you have my permission. I want nothing more than for you to be happy. She makes you happy, right? He smiled and nodded and she was saved from crying right in front of him when her phone rung.

She thanks God that it was Elena and not Damon because she couldn't hold in her tears. After dinner was over, Caroline and Elena were already over at her house and she was thankful that it was Stefan's week to care for Raina because she didn't want her little girl to see her so broken. She remembers watching her mother cry day in and out and how much that killed her inside.

Her friends wrapped her in their arms as she let out her pain and frustration through her tears so much to the point where she could barely breathe. They managed to calm her down and that only put her into a deep sleep but they monitored her throughout the night just in case. That was weeks ago and though she feels somewhat better, it still haunts her.

She let out a breath turning to her side and her eyes landed on Damon. He knew something was wrong but she wouldn't tell him what it was and after begging her to share something, he gave up noticing that he was making everything worse.

Bonnie reached her hand out touching his and she smiled when he did.

"Good morning." He said moving on closer to kiss her.

"Good morning." They kissed again.

"How are you feeling?"

She shrugged, "You're the only good man that I know." A tear existed each eye. "I don't deserve you, Damon. I'm such a horrible person with countless, countless flaws and you're you. I think we should-"

"No. Hell no, you do not get to break up with me. Not like this. I love you. I don't care what happened on the cruise, I don't care what happened behind my back, I love you. And throughout it all, you always ended up beside me so I know that you love me too."

"It's over. I promise, whatever he and I had is now over and I'm sorry for hurting you. I love you, Damon. I was just confused but now I'm not anymore. I'm sorry that it took so long for me to see what I see now, I was blinded by him but now he's no longer my sun, he's more like a star. He's still shines but he doesn't light up my whole being anymore. I want you to be my sun. I want you to blind me, and you do. Thinking with a clear head and heart, you do. I was told once that I could still love him and that I just had to make room in my heart for you, but you're so close to filling it all.