Chapter 12

A/N: Cheers to a long update!

:::

If you told Caroline that she would be getting a visitor she wouldn't be surprised, but if you told her that the visitor would be Raina then that's where the shock would set in. It's not like she isn't used to Raina being in her house because she has been on certain accounts, but showing up unannounced and alone was strange and she wondered what the Bonnie mini wanted to talk about.

She wasn't sure what to say when Raina sat down across from her, so she decided to offer her something to drink. She asked for water and as the blonde was going to get it for her, she debated on if she should call Bonnie. Thinking otherwise, Caroline walked back in her living room and handed Raina the drink before sitting across from her again.

"So, what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Well I think… I think that my dad wants to get back together with my mom."

Caroline hid her shock mainly because she knew that Stefan wanted to get back together with Bonnie but she had no idea that Raina had caught on.

"Why do you say that, dear?"

"Well I don't know, I guess it's the way he looks at her and talks about her-"

"He talks about her?"

"Yeah. When I ask a question about his past almost every time my mom is brought up and he just grows a cute smile and he's happy." Caroline lifted the corner of her mouth. "He's been in this mood lately and the only way that I know to cure it is to do something "mom" related. Like a few weeks ago he was in the same type of mood and I played some music and we danced a little around the house and that helped but now I don't know what to do."

Caroline wasn't sure what to tell her but she had a feeling that she didn't come to seek advice but just talk her mind, but Caroline was going to put in her two sense anyway.

"Well, Raina, I think whatever's bothering your dad he has to handle it himself, especially if you and I don't know the true reason why he's in a funk. Your dad needs to do like you are- talk. And that may be to you in metaphors or it my be to a friend, who knows, but I think it's great that you want to help. You're like your mom in that way, she always wanted to help somebody and I think that's why she's so loved."

Raina nodded and let out a sigh knowing that what she said was true. She wished that she'd be the one that her father talks to so maybe she could decode his metaphors and intellect language, but all she could do was hope for the best.

:::

Stefan personally felt better about the situation that he put himself in. When Raina left, he took it upon himself to call Elena. He confined in her not only because she's a woman and could give him the best advice but because he knew that she would keep her mouth shut about it all.

She told him what he already knew; he needed to tell her to ease his guilt. It was good to get a second opinion but he still was uneasy about it all. He was told that it would be best for him to just to blurt it out so he wouldn't think about too much and maybe convince himself to change his mind so he was going to take her advice and just tell her, but he wanted it to be in person and not over the phone.

"I meant to tell you to bring me back a cone."

Raina smiled walking over to her dad to hug him.

"We can go back if you want. I won't mind."

"Okay, let me get my shoes."

Raina smiled and waited for her dad to come back down before they headed out.