I'm Staying

Running from my dad wasn't easy . Running from my dad with Kayla wasn't easy either . I hated putting her through this . I felt like I can't keep running . I'm a man now and when it's time to deal with my problems , i'll just have to deal with it . After I decided what I wanted to do I let Kayla sleep a little bit more at the hotel and when she woke up I took us home . When we got home I told all my security to go home . If I was getting into with my dad , I didn't want nobody losing their lives to be on me . Some of my security had kids or girlfriends . I didn't want to be nobody's reason for depression . As we walk in the house Kayla finds something to eat . I just watched her eat and thought to myself if I love her i'll tell her the truth . Even if it hurts me .

Me : I gotta tell you something
Kayla : What is it
Me : Your dad called today and ....
Kayla : He got the money ?
Me : Yea
Kayla : And your scared to tell me because you think I want to leave now ?
Me : Well do you ?
Kayla : Honestly no . Go home to my dad for what ? HE DOSEN'T EVEN HAVE SNACKS !
Me : * laughs * So you want to stay ?
Kayla : Of course

I started hugging and kissing on her . After she ate I told her we had to go meet her dad for the money . She didn't want to go but I couldn't have her out of my sight where I can't tell if she's safe or not .

- Kayla's Point of View -
While Jaylon got ready to go see my dad I thought of what I would say . What would he say . It's not like he cared about me why would he even pay the rest of the debt for me ? Just so I can come home to no food and to get criticized all day every day ? I think not . Jaylon drove to this dead spot . When we got there my dad was already there . I got out with Jaylon and I could tell by the way my Dad's face looked that he was confused .

Dad : Um .. here's the rest
Jaylon : * counts the money * Preciate it man .
Dad : So we good now ?
Jaylon : Yeah we straight
Dad : Good
Dad : Kayla get yo ass in the car so we can go home
Me : No
Dad : No ? You hate me that much you liked being kidnapped and beat ?
Me : At least I was feed
Me : I'm not coming home
Dad : Prince tell this brat you don't want her
Jaylon : Nawl she can stay with me as long as she needs
Dad : Oh I see how it is
Dad : So what y'all dating ? Call y'all self in love ?
Dad : It's only been what ? Like almost two months ?
Me : Aight we leaving I don't have to hear this
Dad : Yeah leave ! Walk away just like yo mama

I'd never been so mad before . He called out my mom and she wasn't even here to defend herself . I started walking towards him but Jaylon stopped me . He told me "nawl bae don't even mess up yo nails" . He punched my dad so hard he fell . I didn't say anything or stop him because my dad deserved it . It wasn't like he was a dad to me anyways . My dad didn't get up and say anything stupid to Jaylon cause he knew better . Jaylon told him that he couldn't deal for him anymore and that he need it to think about how he was making thousands a week and couldn't even buy his own daughter a meal . That was the most heartbreaking thing ever to hear . I didn't know my dad was making that kind of money . He really just didn't give a damn about me . We left because he could tell I was still mad and he didn't want me to react badly . When Jaylon and I got home we took a bath . Not together of course because i'm very insecure of my body . I was comfortable with him but I wasn't ready to just drop my clothes in front of him and get in the tub with him too . After he was done we'd laid down and before we could choose a movie somebody had busted into our room . We just sat up in shock . We couldn't move . Not because we were stuck but because if we made the wrong one , it may cost our lives .