☽☾Apologies Are for The Weak☽☾

☽☾ ☽☾ ☽☾

☽☾ ☽☾ ☽☾

I served my time in College for a little while, maybe not long enough, but when I think of the word dormitories, I certainly don't envision the towering white mansion in the woods with Roman Columns and painted French doors.

It stood at a whopping three stories and took up at least 8,000 square feet of space just from the from the front appearance. No doubt, if the tributes paired up, there would be ample room. And I hadn't even seen the back yet...

There were white canopy tents set up on the pearly green, manicured lawn of the dorm, and I was stopped at the first one by the first female enforcer I'd seen, clutching a white sheet in her hands, who instructed me to shift back. I looked next to her and the other three women and saw a few boxes of white sheets.

She offered me the sheet and I took it in my canines before shifting back into my human form, wrapping the sheet delicately around my naked body.

"You can proceed," The enforcer gestured for me to continue to the next station where the Blessed Disciples sat.

"Marcel?" I heard Sister Edith speak, startled to see me. "You're here mighty early?"

"I wanted to get a room," I smiled and watched as her eyebrows furrowed. "I imagine Alpha Daniel will have a lot to say..."

"What have you done?" She demanded, eyes growing wide.

"She turned the second half of the parade into a goddamn race!" I heard a voice wheeze out and saw Sister Lilianna had withdrawn a cellphone and was watching a clip on her phone.

I watched Sister Edith's jaw clenched and each Blessed Disciple sat rigid at the table. She pulled out a crème file and stamped it and passed it down the line to each disciple before it was handed to me. Inside the file was a room key and paperwork.

"Khadra Moore will be rooming with me," I informed the woman handling my file who paused before making a note.

"Once everyone is here and settled, we aim to have a debriefing tonight a 5 p.m. before dinner and get medical out of the way," I was informed by the Blessed Disciple from Imperial Canis. "Please make your way to the shuttles and locate your belongings."

"Marcel," I heard Sister Edith call as I hitched my sheet higher and began to walk away. I paused and looked backward at her creased face, the disappointment evident in her eyes. "I hope you are satisfied now."

"Don't make me repeat myself, Edith," I warned her, turning curtly toward the long row of vans. "I didn't think you'd forget so soon."

The room was finely furnished and made the hotel we stayed in last night look shabby in comparison. The window had a beautiful view of the frosty forest below, focusing on the melting, ice patched lake with a wooden pier. The inside had a small lounge area with a television and two doors side by side I assumed to be the bedrooms. Across the lounge area was a large bathroom, with marble finish and a large glass shower.