☽☾ sweat and smoothies ☽☾

☽☾ ☽☾ ☽☾

☽☾ ☽☾ ☽☾

It seemed that with the change of my mood came the change in seasons.

It was warmer now, the late spring season chasing away the frigid grasp of winter as I lay out on the pearly grass. I relished the crisp, refreshing feel of the cool wind and soothing sunlight that soaked into my exposed skin. 

"Marcel, stop ignoring me and tell me what happened last night!" Khadra demanded, crossing her arms over her chest with a childish huff. 

"It's nice outside," I hummed and heard an inpatient Spanish curse from Genesis who was stretching next to a nearby tree, no doubt listening attentively.

"I know things, you know?' Khadra threatened, not moving from her criss-cross position on the gorund. "I know things that would make you sing like a songbird."

The night with Donovan had ended shortly after his confession, and although I was still alloof with curioisty about him...I felt a serene sense of ease and peace. Today, we were preparing for our first day in Nightblood training, and at the end of the month, we would be incorporated into the pack through a ritualistic ceremony. 

My Luna training with Jane had put me immensely ahead, but I needed to commit to the physical aspect now. 

Our small group, including the seven other females that were chosen from other packs, were in attendance. Even Kadence, a thoroughbred Night Blood Sigma, was standing a few short meters away, waiting insistently for me to reveal the details of last night's excursion. She would apparently be helping with the training today. 

Everyone was dressed in workout attire, talking happily among themselves. 

"Geez, Kay, you really like to prod," I sighed, sitting upright and her brown-eyed stare darkened. 

"You have been sulking around since the second we got here and now you are basking in sunlight, practically singing show tunes. Something. Happened."

"We talked," I told her and Khadra groaned. 

"Really? I thought you would have been duking it out in a barfight all night, give me details!" She plead and I frowned. 

"It wasn't a pleasant admission, Kay," I told her, and Genesis instantly took a seat next to Khadra. "In fact, I cried all over him."

Khadra drug her fingers down her face and Genesis grimaced. 

"You're killing me smalls," Khadra muttered and I heard Kadence snicker as she joined us. I scrunched my nose nervously before finally relinquishing to my best friend's demands. 

"Alpha Daniel was trying to have me killed, and my dad asked Donovan to keep me from escaping so I wouldn't be murdered by our own pack," I fessed and I watched as Khadra's eyebrows shot straight up. Gensis' hand flew to her mouth in shock and Kadence grimaced.