Thirty two : Ease

Word count: 2k

His hand hung in air for a moment and then again drops down. Taehyung bites his lips, contemplating if he should knock on the door or not.

He shakes his head and slowly turns around. It's too late to talk with jungkook, he might be asleep.

He shouldn't.

Dragging his steps forward, taehyung abruptly stops and squeezes his eyes shut. Before he can change his mind again, he quickly whirls around and instead of knocking which was his earlier polite option, he just opens the door in haste.

Jungkook flinches at the sudden sound in his silent room. He gazes up from the bundles of files and papers scattered on the bed, seeing taehyung standing there awkwardly.

"Tae?"

"I'm sorry to disturb you." Taehyung mumbles in a guilty voice.

Jungkook smiles seeing him pouting his lips, "No, there's no disturbance. Why are you standing there? Come in."

A shy smiles adorns taehyung's face as he steps in, eyes wandering over the papers and jungkook sitting in the center of the bed between all those documents.

"What's all this?" Taehyung asks.

"Just some....homework" Jungkook jokes as he grins.

Taehyung giggles while jungkook immediately gathers some files and makes space for taehyung to sit on the bed.

Namjoon, jin and bogum left after spending some time with taehyung and jungmin while jungkook didn't wanted to show himself rude in front of namjoon and jin just because of the presence of bogum, so he stood there with all of them quite calmly till they left.

Taehyung was hesitant to initiate a talk with jungkook and moreover jungmin was whining for cuddles so that he could sleep in his mama's warmth. And that's how the younger decided to talk to jungkook after making jungmin sleep.

Jungkook on the other hand was truly pissed off, he can't help but remember bogum and taehyung morphed together in embrace. So he decided to distract himself with his work.

Jungkook pats on the bed, gesturing him to sit which taehyung did with a blushing smile.

Jungkook can't help but keep at stare taehyung as the other looked so ravishing and attractive in the pink silk night dress, revealing the glowing skin of his collarbones.

He gulped and looked away, not wanting to create a pervert image of himself in taehyung.

"I thought you would be asleep by now." Jungkook mumbles.

Taehyung looks down to his lap replying,
"Couldn't sleep"

Jungkook nods before whispering a 'same' to himself.

"Aren't you tired?" Taehyung softly asks.

Jungkook shakes his head, "No, actually i can't sleep too so thought to complete my work."

Taehyung nods faintly and finally asks his curious question, "How was your first day?"

"It was good." Jungkook simply replies.

They sat in the silence and they don't know why they're feeling this sudden awkwardness which never once visited these two weeks.

Jungkook closes his eyes, he just can't stay silent without sharing about his day to taehyung which apparently became a habit.

"You know yoongi hyung is really scary when he scolds." Jungkook speaks up, liting taehyung's eyes as he gaze at jungkook with excitement.

"He scolded you again?" Taehyung asks, now both of them getting comfortable as normal.