Forty nine : Strain

Warning for angst and triggering topics.

Yoongi and namjoon watches the doctor scribbling something on his notepad, sitting opposite to him with hoseok.

The psychiatrist drops his pen, taking a glance at hoseok who gives him a assuring look.

"His condition got quite complications" Dr. Chang starts. Yoongi feels himself getting more tensed but determines himself to put a straight face.

"Jungkook was improving... Might be accurate if i say he was almost getting cured from his panic attacks." The doctor says with a sad smile, remembering the therapy sessions he had with jungkook.

Soon his face drops, "But uh...situation didn't help and now its getting worse"

Namjoon feels yoongi stiffening in his place, making him glance at him worriedly.

"He's not responding to me nor indulging with his friends and family." Mr. Chang states and both namjoon and yoongi nods their head, agreeing to it as they remember how jungkook doesn't even raise his head to look at them.

Two week passed and jungkook showed no improvement in his health. Even his physical health is declining. He just sits in his bed and stares into nothing. His face would hold a blank expression contradicting his mind which constantly runs with the depressing thoughts.

Dr. Chang glances at hoseok who nods his head in assurance to continue, "We noticed the symptoms before but i wanted to confirm it...that'd why i had to take almost a week"

"He's showing signs of early stage depression." Dr. Chang informs and receives audible gasps from yoongi and namjoon who look at him with widened eyes.

"High stress and major life changes is one the cause of depression and he's probably suffering that." The doctor adds, eyes casted on his notepad as a try to not look at those shock written face of the two.

"It's easy to cure in early stages though but--" He pauses, "But if he continues to not indulge in any activities then i'm afraid we can't help him much."

Yoongi looks down, his eyes becoming glossy as images of jungkook's smiling face flashes across his face. He never imagined he would witness the depressed side of jungkook when everything was finally going back to normal.

Namjoon pats his shoulder as yoongi raises his head before blinking away his tears.

Dr. Chang gives a sad smile at yoongi and says, "I'm trying my best to encourage him, letting him know that he have enough support and love but i don't know nothing is affecting him much. We can shift him to a better environment if you prefer"

"The patient must feel himself to get back to his life, that's how every depression suffering patients recover it." The doctor says as he leans back to his chair.

There's a suffocating silence, four of them having different thoughts yet all of it is connected to jungkook. It was too obvious that out of them all, yoongi who was facing more pain as he's more close to jungkook.

Namjoon and hoseok were well aware of it so their concerned attention was all on yoongi.

"We all know what he's thinking right now." Hosoek says, breaking the thick silence and namjoon nods his head.

Hoseok takes cautious glance at yoongi, "He doesn't want to face taehyung that's why he panics whenever taehyung visits him."

Hoseok takes a deep breath, "I don't wanna say it out but taehyung's presence is affecting him so much."

Yoongi frowns as he snaps his head at hoseok, "What do you mean?"

The doctor clears his throat as he stammers, "Lets just give jungkook a bit space so that he can--"