Chapter 27

Vanessa

I pouted. Dylan was supposed to be taking me home, but he was taking longer than usual. Dylan finally out to the parking lot.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" he said, dipping low to kiss me.

I smiled softly. "It's okay."

"Let's get going."

Dylan took me home, and I gave him a kiss goodnight.

"I'll text you later," Dylan said, stroking my cheek.

"Okay," I said, giving one last kiss.

As soon as I walked in the atmosphere felt tense. Mom and dad were sitting on the couch like they were just waiting for me patiently.

"What? Was I supposed to come home early today?"

"No, no, we just have something we need to talk about." My mom said motioning for me to sit down.

I paused. "Does this have to do with why you guys are or were fighting?"

"Yes we-"I cut my father off

"Wait you guys aren't getting divorced are you?!" I asked starting to panic

My dad belted out a laugh, "I guess it would seem that way with all the arguing we've been doing, huh? We're sorry about that baby."

I sighed in relief. They weren't getting divorced, so what the heck was going on then!

"Hun, your dad's a witch."

"Well, that's great! I'm so glad you guys- wait what?!" Okay, so I obviously just misheard her.

"Your ears are perfectly fine, Vanessa. This is what your father and I have been arguing about. You're coming of age, and your father wants you to start practicing magic. I, on the other hand, want you to have a normal life." My mother explained

I wanted to laugh it off as some joke, but I knew my parents well enough to know that they were dead serious.

"So, I'm a witch?" My parents nodded slowly

I turned to my mom, "Are you a witch?"

"Nope, you get all the crazy supernatural stuff from your dad." Mom giggled nudging my father

Even though I know I should be freaking out, I can't help but get excited. I start bouncing in my seat. There are a million questions running through my head but I start with the most exciting one.

"Can I start learning magic, please?"

My dad shrugs and smiles, "As long as you're ready for all that it entails."

"I'm game," I smirk

"I thought that would be your response. We'll talk more about it tomorrow, kiddo." Dad says as he gets up and ruffles my hair

How the hell was I supposed to sleep now?

Vote. Comment. Enjoy. £.£