Chapter 1: Meet Me the Nerd

Liz's POV

"Elizabeth Sarah Marcellus, wake up! I can't believe I held you in my stomach for 9 months, and for another 16 years took care of you. And yet you don't seem to listen to me! I am your mother and when I tell you to do something, you do it! I demand you to wake up now, you need to go to school! Get up before I ground you and confiscate your cell phone for a month."

Ugh. Now, I have to get up or else Chase will kill me at school, and mom will cremate my dead body at home.

" Mom! I'm up. Okay, I'm up."

Yes. I had to give up. I couldn't do anything, or else mom and Chase would do well, you know.

I forgot to introduce myself so i should get this over with now. I am Elizabeth Sarah Marcellus but I tend to be called Liz. Simple and short, just the way I like it. I am 16 years old, i don't have a car (unlike the other 16 year olds at my high school), i have only one friend named Chase. I have never dated anyone or had my first kiss and I have one annoying older brother named Will, and one mean mother. The best thing about me is that I am a nerd. Yup. I have the best life a girl could ever want. Not.

I got up and while my mom left I went to the bathroom. I fixed my hair and put it into a bun. One messy yet adorable bun, not to sound conceded but I have a lot of practice doing so. I did the usual bathroom business including brushing my teeth, obviously. =)

I put on my navy blue jeans, and put a white shirt, and a teal colored cardigan on top. Nice. Not like anybody would notice me, but I like my outfit. I took my back pack, and my phone.

I ran downstairs, grabbed an apple for eating on the way, put on my Nike shoes and opened the door. There he is- my best friend waiting for me with his black Ferrari.

That is one hot car. Really hot.

I started walking to the car and went in.

" I still can't believe that my best friend has this amazing car. Lucky idiot." I just wanted to gawk at his car all day but then sadly I'd have missed school.

"Hey, no staring at my beautiful car. Liz is off limits for anyone but me." Chase. Did he just say that? I might have heard wrong but did he just name his car? And after me? Boy is he crazy?

" Did you name your car, and why is it umm- my, my name?" I stuttered, because I was shocked, he named his car after me? Why? Oh wow. I just realized why.

" You should know why. I named her Liz because my best friend has that name."

Awww. That was so sweet.

" I know right. I am so sweet, and sexy that every girl in this high school wants me."

Wait. Did I say that out loud, and he heard me? I am so bad at talking to myself, because somehow I always mess up.

" You got that wrong because I am one girl that doesn't find you to be good looking. Ha ha! Liz 1 and you 0." I had to smile, why do I have such an awesome best friend? I don't deserve him.

"We are here, come on. Nick, Jason, and Megan are waiting for me outside." Oh yeah, his jock friends and girlfriend are waiting for him outside. Totally forgot that.

" I'll get out and walk away before they notice your already here. You can meet me later and walk me to my first class. Don't worry, I told you not to tell anyone that we are friends."

Chase groaned and then sighed. " It's not right, you are best friend. Why can't I tell them that? Just because you think you are a nerd doesn't mean that they won't like you. And anyways, I'm sure Megan won't mind that I have a girl best friend. You mean a lot to me, why can't I?" He said almost screaming. He knows the reason why though he always asks.

" You know that I don't want your popularity to finish just because you have a nerd as your best friend. Now, if you don't mind I'll be leaving. You know what, there is no need for you to drop me off to first period. You will be going there anyway, so see you there."

"But-" Chase barely managed to say but I cut him off by leaving.

I know I sound a little bitchy but I just hate when he wants to ruin his life for me, I don't want him to ruin everything he has. He has everything, a beautiful girlfriend that is the cheerleading captain, is the quarterback of the football team, has friends that are jocks, and has a nice family. Everybody loves him, and having a best friend that is a nerd could ruin his High school life. I won't do that for him.

I kept on walking with my head down till I felt like someone was watching me. I looked back and guess what I saw. Chase's friends and girlfriend were talking with him, but he just kept on staring me with his pleading eyes. Like seriously? Why do that? I mouthed to him to stop looking at me before someone noticed.

I have a confession to make.

I am a nerd who has the nicest friend in the whole world, but doesn't want to be seen with him.

I am truly evil.