Chapter 11- The One

"-I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."

Shoot. What... what am I supposed to say? All I can think about are his eyes. Those milky chocolate orbs, the heat radiating from them just warming up my whole body. Every part of me is on fire. I'm craving his touch.

His attention is only on me. Can I just stop time? I want him so badly. Please, I know you see me, so just please... love me.

"You forgot your line. And, you've been staring at me for like 2 minutes without any response."

"Shit. I'm sorry Jake. You are just too good of an actor. Plus, I never really saw The Notebook, so I didn't know the response."

"You're holding the script."

Chase, as usual, interjected, "I'm dying. Jake, I think you need another Allie. This one kind of sucks. This is like what would be considered the fifth take for this one line."

Oops. I got caught. But, who really is to blame for my reaction? Jake is just... indescribable. I lose myself in front of him, and can't see myself with anyone but him. I know. This is a one-sided crush. It'll end in me tearing up and hating life for a while.

The only thing is that I'm totally okay with that. I want him. I need to tell him how I feel. It's been a week since that kiss on the cheek and my mind has been constantly replaying that moment.

"Sorry. I guess I'm not the one for you. Chase can you find a replacement and tell Mr. Smith that this play needs a new Allie."

"Yeah, sure, I should since i'm the director. " Chase let out a small reassuring smile and walked out the door.

I'm not going to turn around and look at Jake's face, I don't want to regret my decision. The play is going to be so much better without me in the picture.

Suddenly, I felt a touch.

It feels so warm and comfortable.

My hand is touching someone else's hand. Ive never held a hand with someone other than Chase.

I decided to turn back and gawk at the beautiful sculpture of a man- none other than Jake.
I could barely take my eyes off of our hands and look up to stare at his gorgeous, sparkling chocolatey eyes.

"Wait. Don't go. I can't see myself with anyone else, you're perfect for this role. You heard Smith, our chemistry is amazing. I wouldn't be able to be Noah without you as my Allie. Stay. You can memorize your lines. You excel at everything."

Jake. He's perfect. "Yeah, you're right. I'll try harder. Guess it's time for me to run after Chase and stop him before he finds someone else for the role."

" Thanks Liz. By the way, before you go, I wanted to ask you something. Would you be able to... um... go to the carnival today? With me? Like a date?" My eyes widened. A date?

"No. Not a date. Friends, as friends. Two friends hanging out together, creating memories. That sounds like fun, right?" Jake was turning red. Should I be worried?

"Jake, are you okay? You look like you're about to faint. Yeah, I would love to go with you, especiallyasadate." I might have mumbled that last part.

"What? What did you say? I couldn't hear that last part." Jake stared intently at me as he spoke.

"Nothing. I'm gonna go. See you tonight at 7? In front of my house?" I gave him the cheekiest of smiles.

"Yeah, 7 it is. Go have fun finding Chase now."

Right, Chase. I need to tell him. Aaahhhhhh! I have a date. My first. With Jake. Is it a date? Whatever it is, I want to be prepared.

I bolted out the door looking for my goofball of a best friend, and saw him chatting in the hallway with none other than Megan. Ugh. I thought they broke up. Why does he look like he's falling under her spell? I can guess that she's using her baby voice on him, trying to win him over again.