Chapter 24

"What are you talking about?" My voice sounding a slight panicky.

"You hear me right Edith. Stop pursuing that guy. He's dangerous."

"Because he is dangerous, it gives me even more reason to pursue him. We might not know what he would do to my kingdom."

Eona could only sigh and she put on a defeated look. She knows me better and once I set my mind to something, I will never backed down.

"Are there any way that I could convince you not to pursue him?"

"Not a chance Eona, either you in or you're out."

She gave me one last long sigh, before finally agreeing to me.

"Fine, I'll do what I can to find out more about him."

I feel glad that Eona decide to join us but I also can't help but feel worried. Not just Eona but even my parents.

I extend my arm and give her the biggest hug that I can muster.

"Thank you so much Eona. It's mean a lot to me for you to help us."

"Well what can I do when you're giving me those puppy eyes."

We decide to end the night since it's already past midnight. I've decide to stay for one more day.

It's been quite some time since I met her and I just love to hear her story.

The next day we wake up and have breakfast. I help her to prepare it since I love spending even more time with her.

"How's your sleep?" Eona ask me while she whisk her egg.

"I'm good but a feel slightly drained."

"It's normal considering that this is your first time performing that spell."

We continue our cooking without talking much. It's still early and we didn't feel like talking much.

Somehow I feel comfortable staying in this cottage. Especially with Eona beside me, I wouldn't mind staying longer if it weren't for Nereus.

We finish our cooking and sit to enjoy our breakfast on Eona's couch.

We adjust our seat and start to eat our breakfast.

"So Edith, how are you able to use magic?"

I move my gaze away from my omelette towards Eona.

"I'm not really sure myself but I got this bracelet. Is this bracelet the source of my magic?"

"It isn't possible."

"Would you ever happened to know any case that's similar to mine. Where creatures outside witches and warlocks able to cast spells?""

"I never encounter any incident like this. We might need to some research beforehand."

"Sounds good to me."

"But most importantly, we need to find out about your limitation."

With that in plan, we quickly finish out breakfast and start to work.

Eona make me cast several spells. Starting from body enhancement spell, healing spell, and offensive spell.

Since this is my first time trying to cast it, I'm not able to fully generate its power.

However, no matter how much I tried to cast an offensive spell, it wouldn't manifest itself.

"Eona, is something wrong with me? Why can't I cast even a single offensive spell?"