𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

I 020

I 020. I

𝑾𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔

❝ sunset ❞

     NEW YORK SUNSETS COULD BE QUITE BEAUTIFUL. Although, she would never personally tell Apollo that, she quite liked to watch the sky go down a few days in a month, thinking over whatever she was deeply feeling. It was a slight ritual she had developed when she was on her summer-long mission with Hailee; watch the sunset and figure all of her life problems out.

But all the time in the world couldn't do that, so why could she?

Ariadne loved to pick out the different colors of the clouds, which became painted with pastels. Enough of her life had been spent watching sunsets over canoe lake and never being able to stay out too late because of the Harpies, which were always a real bummer when she was younger. So she took every chance she really could to be by herself and really think. Sometimes, that's all someone needed for comfort.

Her arms leaned against the small balcony, admiring the view of the sun peeking out from behind skyscrapers and parks. She leaned forward in the chair and sighed. The girl tried to keep quiet when she had crawled from the window, trying to let Percy rest, as he had been having nightmares the past few nights, and he was finally able to get some real sleep. But unlike him, the girl couldn't seem to catch a break. And most of her dreams were of her mom and the Prophecy of the Eight.

It had been peaceful ever since the war had been won. They hadn't been attacked by any monsters, but, of course, being two insanely powerful demigods had It's cons, and the peace wouldn't last long.

Ariadne's eyebrows crunched together in thought. Something about the prophecy Rachel had spouted made her feel uneasy. Daughter of the mind shall break her own, and topple the earth from its throne.

She worried that even if it was years after they had gone, that another poor group of demigods would have to become close and face the fact that one of them would snap. The girl knew she couldn't really save them, but the thought of it hurt her heart completely.

The girl glanced back through the window to see Percy laying in his bed, covers over his body while he dropped onto his pillow. She smiled softly. She always loved running her hands through his hair and messing with the gray streak as a means of staying calm. And the boy just loved her comfort, and she loved his.

Cars kept driving on the busy streets below. Even at night, New York was the city that never slept, and she found comfort in it. Because somewhere in the millions of people, there was others who couldn't sleep just like her. Maybe it was because they were binge watching TV, or finishing work, or just thinking like her. The city was full of different faces and stories, some better than others.