Yokoo gasps, "You have a cat? I love cats! You too, right, Satou?"

Satou smiles as he nods in agreement.

Then, a continuous sound of excited tippy-taps echoed throughout the whole apartment, accompanied by occasional light pants.

The light brown-haired boy looks at Mitsuba with confusion, "What kind of ca-WOAH!"

Yokoo felt a sudden weight clinging to his legs which almost made him lose his balance. He looks down and saw the cutest and fluffiest, light yellow dog in his entire life.

"Aww~! Hello, little fella~!", Yokoo lifts the petite dog into his arms while Satou steps closer beside him

His and Satou's eyes are practically sparkling from admiration when the furry mammal cutely barks along with its tail happily wagging.

"That's Kitty", Mitsuba said as he locks his apartment door, "The vet said that she's a 4-month-old healthy Golden Retriever"

"Who's the dummy that named her?", Satou asked while petting the puppy.

Everyone already knows who the dummy is, so they all turn around to look at the blonde who was blushing in embarrassment.

"I-! I thought it'd be funny to name her Kitty s-since she's a puppy y'know?", he explained.

The two boys laugh at their friend's reasoning and the silly yet cute name of the dog while Mitsuba just giggles.

"Let's study in the living room. You dummies can put your stuff on the floor or table there", Mitsuba said as he tosses his bag on the floor near the small table.

His friends followed his order and placed their bags on the floor then comfortably sitting on the ground around the table. Yokoo passes Kitty to Satou because it's his turn to cuddle the puppy.

"Why can't we study in your room, Mitsuba?", Satou asked.

"Absolutely not! I'm not letting you pervs barge into my room too!", a visible blush appeared on Mitsuba's face which the other boys immediately noticed. Except for Kou tho, he's too busy baby-talking the puppy.

Mitsuba scoffs as he uses his sweater's sleeve to hide his blush, "I'll be in my room to change for a bit. You idiots better not break anything while I'm gone. Especially you, Kou"

"I accidentally broke that glass only because you kept tickling me!"

"Well, you tickled me first!"

"But at least you weren't holding a glass of water at that time!"

Satou and Yokoo chuckle at their friends' childish behaviour.

They act like a chaotic couple

The two boys thought.

"Excuses excuses", Mitsuba blabbered, "Anyways- I'll be back in a minute. Don't start studying without me!", he lastly added as he walks toward to him room, totally not going to hide his and Kou's pictures in case they sneak in.

Now Satou, Yokoo, and Kou, plus Kitty, are left alone in the living room. Just as the two boys planned.

"So...", Yokoo leans on the table as he rests his chin on his right palm, "Do you have any crushes, Kou?", he asked, getting straight to the point.

Kou blushes a bit at the sudden question, "C-crush? Well... I used to have a crush on Nene senpai-", he awkwardly said. 

"-But now I don't-! So... no one?", he admitted, somehow feeling unsure.